Sri Lanka in West Indies

and why is Samaraweera in the team and Chamara Silva not. maybe they are counting on Samaraweera for some off-spin.

My jaw just dropped when I found out, I was pretty angry too. If Jayawardene isn't fit, Silva has to play.

Well I won't drop S Benn for next test.I agree he was not able to take wickets at right time but Still Hes new comer and W need to give some time to this youngster..
@Dare--Ya I was missing you...Have you seen I was posting alone and Answering also myself!!!Lol..

I think Its just WI need to look out little bit for Batting..Sarwan was Solid..Samules replacing his name as Inconsistant batsman..
Other different was Chandrapaul between two Sides..If Chandrapaul would had bat in either on inning then We might got different Result..

Well I won't drop S Benn for next test.I agree he was not able to take wickets at right time but Still Hes new comer and W need to give some time to this youngster..
@Dare--Ya I was missing you...Have you seen I was posting alone and Answering also myself!!!Lol..

I think Its just WI need to look out little bit for Batting..Sarwan was Solid..Samules replacing his name as Inconsistant batsman..
Other different was Chandrapaul between two Sides..If Chandrapaul would had bat in either on inning then We might got different Result..

lol yea i saw you posting a few times in a row.

i think that they have to drop Benn for the 2nd Test so that they can see who is better for Tests before Australia show up in the Caribbean. I agree that Benn bowled his hearth out and was unlucky not to get a wicket in the 1st innings but I really do think that Jaggernauth is a better option for Tests he was better than Benn in domestic competition.

we will see what happens before the 2nd Test but i think that we both agree that a few changes need to be made.

Ya Actually I have not seen the Jaggernauth in action..I have watched Benn bowling so I was favoring him..
You spot on I also want to see some changes for 2nd test..Because when Aussis will be in WI there won't be time for Experiments so they have to pick 15 players who can make troubles for Aussis..Like Taylor..
I am very impressed with him..He has bowled beautifully not only in last match but from past 6 months..I appreciate his consistency..
Only bowler I am dying to watch is P Collins..Is he recovered enough to bowl Aussis out????""Why because I have seen when India visited WI 6 years back and P Collins has got Sachin 4 consecutive times below the score of 5..
Only for one time I like to see Taylor from one end and P Collins from other..I am confident that this will make difference..
Because couple of time I have found Taylor alone..He can't take all 10 wickets.He need support form other End..

Anyway As I told WI was better in 1st test and If Chandrapaul gets some runs then I can see 1-1..

Nothing will make difference to west indies team as they r on path of zimbabwe.

This was true this time last year, but they have improved a lot since then IMO. They were not outplayed at all in the Test series in South Africa, and have some good bowlers coming through.

This was true this time last year, but they have improved a lot since then IMO. They were not outplayed at all in the Test series in South Africa, and have some good bowlers coming through.

Not at all..There are big differences Between Zimbabwe and WI?Differences are Gayle,Sarwan,Chandrapaul,Taylor?
Other differences are two world cups which WI have won..
WI have been struggling from past three years..But they are improving and improving lot..They have found some great players at Domestic level..Its all about time?Time for WI will come..

Nothing will make difference to west indies team as they r on path of zimbabwe.

I think i have more money than the Zimbabwe cricket board put together. West Indies have a much better talent pool, they have good veterans and their infrastructure is being improved.

this will be the key for future west indies sucess.>>http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/westindies/content/story/344261.html

i think that Haynes has got it spot on, WICB has enough money to set up a big academy on one of the islands and maybe the cricket boards of the individual islands can set up smaller academies with some financial help from the WICB.

Last edited:
Dare, who will you be supporting?
As you are pretty passionate of both the Carib's and the Lankans.
If you've answered this already, I apologize, I haven't looked through the thread thoroughly.

:)

Dare, who will you be supporting?
As you are pretty passionate of both the Carib's and the Lankans.
If you've answered this already, I apologize, I haven't looked through the thread thoroughly.

:)

west indies mostly, i don't mind if Sri Lanka takes it but they have been better over the last 2-3 years and the Windies need to tie this up real bad because another loss before Australia shows up isn't going to be good.

No Dare..If you need to Choose between Srilanka and WI.then you will go with WI, Don’t you??Lol..
Honestly I want to see WI dominating the Cricket how they had in 70s and 80s…But Actually I don’t know why have I soft corner for WI???lol

id like nothing more than to see West Indies dominate like that did 20-30 years ago, if they were playing any other side than id be firmly on their side. I'm still supporting them and i hope that they can pull off the draw but I'm saying if Sri Lanka take it i wont get mad or anything.

and vaibhav almost everyone has a "soft corner" for the west indies lol. they are like the neutral side of cricket sort of like Brasil is in footy.

Ya Dare.So got any news for 2nd test as far as team is concerned???
It will be on Port Of Spain I think...
Last time WI have played here in 2005 against South Africa where Chandrapaul and Sarwan both have scored 100s...

well i got no news as far as the 2nd test is concerned, i got some info from the Carib beer series that might have some effect on who plays in the 2nd test.

Suleiman Benn picked up 4/136 from 39 overs against Trinidad and Tobago that was from T&Ts 1st innings while on the other side Jaggernauth picked up 3/34 from 12 overs as they bowled Barbados out for 184.
so that might have some impact in who plays as the spinner in the 2nd test i will keep an eye for the 2nd innings wickets.

But What about two spinners..
I think S Benn can bat a bit..Don't know much about Jaggernauth..
But WI can go with Taylor+Edwards+S Benn+Jaggernauth???
another point is Gayle..He will bowl as second spinner so I don't think my combination gonna work...
We'll see anyway..

Users who are viewing this thread