Sri Lanka in West Indies

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Vandort looks like a really good opener so does Warnapura from what he did so far.
i was surprised that FidelExpress wasn't included in the team his pace i enough to trouble batsman.

btw can a mod move this to the current tours.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
I just gonna say same...@moving the thread..lol..

I think WI are carried away...Both openers looks desperate and not in great mood to give away wickets..Looking like long day for WI in fielding..

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
West Indies pulled it back at the end of the day:

Update

Sri Lanka 1st innings: 269/4 (Warnapura 120, Vandort 52, Sangakkara 50)

With the fact Warnapura and Sangakkara are out, I think the match is even if West Indies start well tomorrow.

What a good batsman Malinda Warnapura looks like. He had controlled aggression in his innings, he looked like he was at home in the Test arena - Sri Lanka could have found themselves the perfect Test opener. Manee's claim to fame is that he played for his club. :D

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
I'm happy for Jerome Taylor, he was by far the best bowler today. He has all the potential to become like one of the West Indies greats. I personally would have picked Jaggernauth over Benn because he seems to be the better bowler for the longer version of the game. I think that Edwards has to be in the squad instead of Powell or maybe Hinds, on a pitch that helps the batsman his pace could troubled the batsman and not having the experience of Collins in the team showed allot. He would have been a perfect fit for Taylor and Edwards.
The fielding was below average, too many misfields. 1s and 2s going past the fielder for four runs. We will have to see how the day starts of tomorrow if they can get Mahela and Dilshan early than it could get interesting.

Props to Warnapura for getting his maiden century, Vandort is a solid #1 who you can build big innings of and with the addition of Warnapura they might have a solid 1-2 for a long time.
Warnapura might be the perfect replacement for Jayasuriya because he can bowl too. He has 115 first class wickets from 122 matches at a average of just 26.

Last edited:

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Ya I was expecting Taylor to fire at some Start overs..Anyway At the End of the day they have grabbed something..
WI really need to get early wickets in 1st session today,where Srilanka I don't think too much worried at the Moment because Jaya and Dilshan are there...

@Warnapura Well I think Srilanka have found something very good..He looks nice prospect but I'll still wait and watch him rather to say he is good enough to Replace Jayasuriya..

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Thats the Same J Taylor which I wanted to see yesterday..Fast and accurate..WI has started well on 2nd day..Need to get wickets fast..Bith the Jayawardhanes are in the Middle..

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Jayawardene looks well set and is on his way to a century, a chance to get Vaas but they couldn't decide who should go for the ball. Vaas is also a good batsman and they cant let him partner Mahela for a long time.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Ya New ball has worked by Jaya(Keeper) wicket..Now one more blow to the Srilanka and their tail will expose..
Vass can bat for long if he keeps playing with Jaya...Jaya's wicket from here ease the Srilanka's chance to pass 400+...

Other thing is I really want to see Taylor with 5 wicket haul dare..he has bowled out standing today..

EDIT::Man Vass has came with lots of Luck...Thats the Second Chance...And It was Close....Oh D Smith..That could have been 5 for Taylor..

Last edited:

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
yea could have got it twice so far today and now Smith drops a fairly easy chance. thats another thing that the west indies have to improve on their fielding is hot and cold. sometimes its great and like in this test its below average.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Well I think WI have given up...Rather they are playing waiting game now..Jaya 120 not out looks good for 200...
I guessed that If Vass will play with Jaya then he can bat well..Most disappointing for me is Debutant S Benn..Not because Hes not getting any wickets but because Hes not making any impact on which I can say him well done..
Its already 400+ and I think WI in trouble..
If they will bat good then its for Draw if not then Easy job for Murli to take 20 wickets..
Srilanka is safe now as they have bated 2 days,..

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Why is this thread still in the 'Future Tours and Events' section?

And Jayawardene got his 22nd Test century and this could be a double century.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Dare at his best..lol..

Now i strongly feel Dare Jaya will go for 200...Because firstly Pitch is not spinning so much and WI have given up at some extent...
Until He won't give away wicket,Hes set for 200..
But I think they are making this Match Boring...He should have go for some fast run and think about WI in to the bat for last 10-15 overs...Or He might be waiting for 500+..

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
I'm not sure that he will get his 200 but will get close to it at least. Gayle has gone on the defensive here to prevent Sri Lanka from scoring quickly, Bravo dropped a tough chance to get Jayawardene out but a chance is a chance and bravo is a good fielder and he should have hung on to that one.
Jayawardene will probably give 10-15 overs to his bowlers like you said and than we will see if they can get a wicket quickly. Vaas vs Gayle should be interesting.

and why is Samaraweera in the team and Chamara Silva not. maybe they are counting on Samaraweera for some off-spin.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread