Sri Lanka in West Indies

i hope they prepare a fast bouncy pitch and use it to their advantage.
Pedro Collins would have been that perfect 3rd pace option but he decided not to play. i don't think that Powell can be that 3rd option but i guess with no other better choices he will get in if they go with 3 main pace bowlers.

Edwards/Taylor/Powell/Jaggernauth/Bravo and than Gayle and Sarwan if need be.

here is Jaggernauths cricinfo profile...http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/westindiesdomestic/content/current/player/52277.html

its funny that for a place thats known for pace bowlers the top 4 wicket takers in the carib beer series are spinners.

Last edited:
Ya Looks noce to me Jaggernauth...Thanks for link..
I really wanted to see P Collins this time But I think Luck is not with him..Hope he'll play in at least last test...

Powell Well,Not a bad bowler but Hes not picking up the wickets at right time..

got a question how come Sri lanka almost always plays a 2 test series, against Australia, New Zealand and now West Indies they played 2 test series.

Well,they have been playing two-test rubbers only.
Only in the past against India,they have played a 3-Test and also v England.
Now,SL will be playing a 2-Test series against India too.

Its good,atleast their players wont be under pressure like their Indian counterparts who play 18 Tests this year.

Does anyone know whether Jayawardene is going to be fit to keep in the next Test?

Ya HEs all set to play..I have just seen a News on Srilankan Channel..
By them He will play...Rather some worries for C Vass...He has some Hamstring problem..

Cricinfo????Ok...

I hearted on Srilankan channel where I generally watch th Match...

Any reason why Jaggernauth doesnt play One Dayers? He certainly looks like he should be selected but

Ya He probably get the chance for this one...
He has awesome Domestic records...And Other point is They must have all the Experiment now..No chance in future against Aussis...
We will see him in action...

Any reason why Jaggernauth doesnt play One Dayers? He certainly looks like he should be selected but

well he played 2 List A matches and didn't do anything special, but the bigger reason is that T&T have Dave Mohammed and he is a better One Day spinner so Jaggernauth doesn't get much playing time

well Jaggernauth just locked up a spot in the 2nd test, he better have. he picked up 7/45 in Barbados 2nd innings and finished with his 2nd 10 wicket haul of the season (10/79) so he better get included.

another thing in his favor is that he got the backing of west indies greatest spin bowler Lance Gibbs, Gibbs had a few words concerning Benn too.

article http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/wivsl/content/story/344732.html

Well Seems to me Great Contest for WI..
Just couple of batsman need to click from WI point of view..

Juggernauth has an average of 21 and 9 five-wicket hauls and 2 ten wicket match hauls. He should be playing given how ordinary some of their pacers have been over the last few years.

Users who are viewing this thread