Super 8: 20th Match England v India

Status
Not open for further replies.
We recently played in South Africa for the IPL, not in India. Our recent generation is not as scared of short pitched bowling as our predecessors have been.

It doesn't mean they're any better.

I think whilst Fred is out, he's a very good replacement, maybe just a tad better with the bat. Bowling-wise, nuh huh! We do miss Flintoff for 4 overs I still believe, because then we could knock out 16 overs easily with front liners,

Anderson 4.0
Flintoff 4.0
Sidey 4.0
Broad 4.0

And you could have Swanny bowling 4, or give him two, and bring in either Collingwood, Masca, Wright...

That'd be pretty good!

This is why I dislike Jadeja. Not only is he monopolizing the strike, he is nudging it around and playing some ugly pull shots. By the time he gets out, Yuvi, Yusuf and Dhoni are going to have too much to do in too little time. :mad:

Did I just witness a successful pull short? Or was that a replay from the English innings.

This is making for a bit of silly watching. Every ball is a bouncer and every shot is a pull shot.

If it works, then why not utilise your guys weaknesses? If we where in India right now, you'd have absolutely hammered Anderson, Broad and I bet my bottom dollar, KP and Wright, just because of the lack of things happening.

I can't understand why Jadeja is nudging the spinners around. What's he waiting for? To pull Broad, Anderson and Sidebottom into the stands for sixes? What a ridiculous batsman. If he doesn't begin attacking next over he will have undone all the good work from his bowling.

Not even England's score of 71! *sigh* Jadeja, I request you, I beg you, pal, please play a bit aggresively :(- you are gifting England the game.

I think either of these two guys must try a blast or get out so that Yuvraj and co. come in and go for the big shots. Its getting tougher and the frontline bowlers have been lined up for the final leg of the innings by Collingwood. Bad one by Dhoni to send in Jadeja in front of Yuvraj.:mad:

Give the young guy a break. Atleast he came out when the fast bowlers were letting it fly.
He was sent out by Dhoni. It's not as if he volunteered before anyone else wished to come in. It's pretty obvious that Dhoni sent him in to up the run rate, given his poor record at finishing games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread