Super 8: 20th Match England v India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Napier's bowling is very good in T20. 65 wickets at 19 with an economy of 7. He's deceptively quick as well, and touched 90mph a few times last season. Not in great form though tbh.

What the hell, KP bowling before Swann?

frown.gif

Looking at that England team, all 10 could bowl...
Surely the point of playing an extra bowler is that they don't have to. Maybe Colly has money on an Indian win.

Jadeja needs to stop emulating Mascarenhas here. Gambhir is anchoring us, so Jadeja needs to look for some shots instead of pushing the spinners around.

Oh great, now he's injured.

I like Luke Wright, I really do. I think he's a fine batter, even if he has had a few bad innings, and he's pretty decent with the ball and bloody quick!

England is playing very intelligently.

If I was the England captain I would test all the Indian Batsmen with good bouncers because the ball doesn't bounce above your knees in India.

He's got cramp by the look of things =/ Thought he'd be used to the warm conditions?

Luke Wright's a good option here. Deceptively quick, and bowls a good short one. Hopefully he'll pick up a wicket.

This is a tad risky by England but if they get rid of a few overs by part timers then we'll have more overs of people like Sidebottom and Broad at the end. It could go wrong though and we could leak quite a few.

England is playing very intelligently.

If I was the England captain I would test all the Indian Batsmen with good bouncers because the ball doesn't bounce above your knees in India.

We recently played in South Africa for the IPL, not in India. Our recent generation is not as scared of short pitched bowling as our predecessors have been.

We need to get things moving. From this over. We are not in a comfortable position at all. Asking rate still nearly 9! Need to whack now.

WTH? Jadeja is irritating. Come on boy, go for it and get out!

Edit: Good one! Needed that boundary from you.

Did I just witness a successful pull short? Or was that a replay from the English innings.

This is making for a bit of silly watching. Every ball is a bouncer and every shot is a pull shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread