Super 8: 20th Match England v India

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have to blame ourselves, they were poor at fielding and in batting. They should know how to play bouncy balls. We should not blame Jadeja as he has not much expierienced. UV should come up in place Jadeja. Bad decision again by Dhoni.

Finally some sense from an Indian fan. :clap

calm down, Sai. It is just the matter of seconds that a T20 can turn around. But our bowling and fielding standards have been poor.

How can you blame Jadeja when guys like Rohit, Raina, Gambhir struggled to place the short pitched deliveries? Atleast, Jadeja was trying to put those short pitched ones. His singles contain many big shots but unfortunately none reached the ropes.

It's not the case with other batters.. What the hell, Gambhir was doing? Though he survived till 10th over, did he make any difference? Our top order went clueless to the short pitched ones and thus leaving too much work for Yuvi,Dhoni and Pathan.

In all aspects, India deserved to loose this and take a good lesson from this.

I agree that Rohit and Gambhir didnt do too well. But Jadeja's slow pace really slowed us down and also gave a lot of momentum to the opposition. He has always been like this with the batting. He simply cannot dispatch the ball and struggles with his nudges like one's and two's.

MOM should of been Foster.

Yes, that was an athletic effort. He removed the bails off within few seconds. Very athletic :hpraise

India should have played Praveen kumar instead of Ishant.

Instead of Yuvraj having a ball to bowl all of a sudden in the tournament ( which was just for the sake that KP was there ), Dhoni should have given the ball to consistent part-timer, Yusuf.

There have been plenty of mistakes done by India. They talked bit too much before the game ( those mind games ) and they are suffering for the mistakes now.

I Think England fans should calm down because when you lose the ashes to Australia then the Indian fans will be gunning you down after.

After all its just a game!
Which is why England fans have the right to celebrate tonight. Because they will give us jip when we lose. I'm not going to troll like others have but I can't help but smile that we've knocked India out, regardless of whether we qualify for the semis.

Gayle will get you guys tomorrow! Grrrr!!! Disgusting! Someone arrest jadeja,dhoni,harbhajan and foster(for company)! it was all dhoni's fault! And suresh raina's and gambhir's and yuvraj's and lalit modi's!

Where did Lalit Modi come in here? Just dont talk senseless stuff, bro!

Which is why England fans have the right to celebrate tonight. Because they will give us jip when we lose. I'm not going to troll like others have but I can't help but smile that we've knocked India out, regardless of whether we qualify for the semis.

A smile from Lee is like a thousand people celebrating ;)

I Think England fans should calm down because when you lose the ashes to Australia then the Indian fans will be gunning you down after.

Yeah we'll deffo lose the Ashes, but we aren't expected to win them. There are very few England fans who think we will because we're a humble bunch. Not like some (and I repeat some, not all) Indian fans who think they have a divine right to win everything and UV IS TEH KING OF SIXES AND BEING BESTEST IN TEH WORLDEST!!!1!

I know i'm being a very bad winner Colin, but some of their fans absolutely deserve it. Especially the berks who booed our team before. Not booing anymore are we lads?

We obviously won't win the tournament nor will we win the Ashes, so it's good to celebrate moments like this when they happen.

It wasn't you I was getting at Matt.
I was the first to line up in 2005 and dig out the quotes about 5-0 but I just think there's a classy way of winning without adding insult to injury with a blunt instrument.

I am not sure what time it is in India (about 6 hours from GMT?), but I am sure when it gets morning they will hit the streets and will start protesting. Or they even might have started rightaway.

Anyway, everybody should calm down. It's not the end of the world of something.

This game showed Dhoni's captaincy isn't as good as it's claimed to be.

Yeah we'll deffo lose the Ashes, but we aren't expected to win them. There are very few England fans who think we will because we're a humble bunch. Not like some (and I repeat some, not all) Indian fans who think they have a divine right to win everything and UV IS TEH KING OF SIXES AND BEING BESTEST IN TEH WORLDEST!!!1!

We have the right to think we can win everything because we know we are good! We dont put on the "pessimism" garb always (although sometimes we do!). Even while losing, you will see many Indian fans who will say "better luck next time lads. we will win it next time". we dont go about saying "yeah we know, these guys are fit for nothing. they dont do well always" and that kind of BS.

Meh, fighting, bitch-fights and bickering aside, hopefully the Indian selectors will learn that Jadeja prefers the longer format of the game. He excelled in the Ranji Trophy, not in the IPL. We could use an all rounder in Test Cricket. Could give the team some nice variety.

Fair play to England. They played very well. Certainly didn't expect them to win but I guess that's what you get from them. Very unpredictable side. One day they lose to the Netherlands, and the next day they beat India.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread