TAOC - Commentary Lines

I agree! Mainly as it would make me a commentator over an aussie since i am the only englishman on the list :p

Hey guys i recorded some commentarry , and was wondering would i t help the Cricket project.....i will attach teh files. let me kno if u think this will be helpful, if yes then i will record more

Attachments

• goodbattingtrack.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
  • Straightdrive.zip
    705 KB · Views: 7
  • thatisthrough.zip
    844.3 KB · Views: 6
LM has said he doesnt need any more commentry. As you can see from the below list, we have many commentators all ready!

Commentary: Duff, Koolkarts, WhitehornMatt, Brett Lee, Propmanoz,Wildwill (backup: Maverick, The Spin)

will each person do all the lines so we will have 6 commmentors. if so, it would be nice if there was the variety that i mentioned earlier. it would be nice if there was 1 exicitable austrailian commentator (dean jones style), 1 normal english commentor (david gower), 1 asian commentor (a mix of rameez raja/srinath), 1 west indian (micheal holding) and 1 south african (i dont know any names). if there were extra commentors, richite benuard style and geoffery boycott style would be good. your thoughts?

If theyre doing all the lines then thats cool. But if they all have theyre select lines then Id be happy to choose who says what. IMHO though we should go with the first because is usualy not the lines that make a commentator sound unique but the way they say em...

Has someone been recording all the lines that have been posted?

Not yet...no...maybe someone should start...

We still have to decide if everyone says all the lines or if certain people say certain lines.

Actually doing the commentary will be the easy part, making the commentary fit into the gameplay and making it fluent will be the hardest part.

EA do that particulary well with making it fluent and advanced, there is one particular football game I own which has awful commentary. It has a pause before it says a player's name and then it says the name in a different tone - it will be hard to do, but well worth it.

hondeyho said:
Actually doing the commentary will be the easy part, making the commentary fit into the gameplay and making it fluent will be the hardest part.

EA do that particulary well with making it fluent and advanced, there is one particular football game I own which has awful commentary. It has a pause before it says a player's name and then it says the name in a different tone - it will be hard to do, but well worth it.

EA's cricket commentry is awful. It's unfluent and things are in the wrong place.

It's like - "It look's like (pause) Australia (pause) have conceded 438 and lost."

Download the Fifa World Cup 2006 demo and you'll see what I mean, so nice and fluent!

Codemasters did an alright job with their commentary.

hondeyho said:
Download the Fifa World Cup 2006 demo and you'll see what I mean, so nice and fluent!

The EA CRICKET!!! commentry. Read my post again.

hondeyho said:

Codies did well with their commentary because they very rarely had to link in names and team names, so they could just do loads of lines and make it fluent.

Users who are viewing this thread