TAOC - Commentary Lines

"Imran farhat is in a great touch today" would be great..

Hardie123123 , mate great work.

Last edited:
Well sorry to maybe dash ur hopes but if u look on the first page of the List of Guys Willing to Help thread ull see he doesnt want any commentators...

But if ur very good then maybe hell make an exception...

9% done...

manee said:
Well sorry to maybe dash ur hopes but if u look on the first page of the List of Guys Willing to Help thread ull see he doesnt want any commentators...

But if ur very good then maybe hell make an exception...

9% done...

ok i will do my best i only did it because i wanted to help

Ive heard them, they are very good...with an accent I cant quite put my finger on.

You should be a commentator because the samples were good however there were a few that IMO you did not understand and hence seemed like u were reading them...

Good work

In my opinion.

IMHO means in my honest opinion

AND

BTW means by the way

IMO, I think we should have as many commentators as are willing to do it - it will add more variety. One way of doing it would be to have a folder of each commentators material in a particular place, with the lines having the same filename, just in the different folders. Then, when a commentator is chosen (either by the person or the game) than it just directs it to that folder, and the game can play what it thinks is the same file, becuase the names are the same.

I haven't explained this very well, so if you don't understand, I'll give it another go.

FreddieFan said:
IMO, I think we should have as many commentators as are willing to do it - it will add more variety.
I think there is a good amount of variety, and you do have to think about size, in Cricket 2004 the commentary all adds up to around 130mb for two commentators, we will have more names and lines in TCP so each commentator would weigh in around 70-100mb. 600mb for commentary is quite a bit, but worth it for variety, any more and it's going to make TCP hard to download.
Commentary is going to take up a huge amount of space, so there needs to be a balance between variety and size, and I think 6 seems to be that balance.

whitehornmatt said:
I think there is a good amount of variety, and you do have to think about size, in Cricket 2004 the commentary all adds up to around 130mb for two commentators, we will have more names and lines in TCP so each commentator would weigh in around 70-100mb. 600mb for commentary is quite a bit, but worth it for variety, any more and it's going to make TCP hard to download.
Commentary is going to take up a huge amount of space, so there needs to be a balance between variety and size, and I think 6 seems to be that balance.

well mine is 90-100mb with 290 files

In my commentary lines, are there any categories that I have missed out?

I think we shouldnt record until LM decides exactly who is commentating and who isnt.

Very true.

Could somebody plz tell me if there is anything that needs to be added to the commentary lines...cos now is the time im gonna do it

Users who are viewing this thread