The Greatest ODI Batsman: Tendulkar vs Richards

Greatest ODI Batsman

• Tendulkar

Votes: 36 72.0%
  • Richards

Votes: 14 28.0%

• Total voters
Well I have all the 70's Packer world series games and they mention it all through it. In the 79/80 WSC they show the rules on the screen. What was the point of the fielding circle if there was no field restrictions? That was the whole point of it I thought. There has been always been the fielding restrictions in the first 15 overs, what could the rule have been otherwise back then? I dug out 15 more matches from the 80's and in every single one the spinner comes on at 15 overs when the field goes out.

I guess you have a point. I tried checking it on wiki, but they seem to have an exact date when the 15 over field restrictions started. Although i'm not sure if fielding restriction where around during the 75 & 79 world cup when they where playing 60 overs.

Switching topic slightly. What do you remember about Clive Rice's batting & bowling during WSC?

I guess you have a point. I tried checking it on wiki, but they seem to have an exact date when the 15 over field restrictions started. Although i'm not sure if fielding restriction where around during the 75 & 79 world cup when they where playing 60 overs.

Switching topic slightly. What do you remember about Clive Rice's batting & bowling during WSC?

Dunno about the 70's world cups, i'll watch some and check it out. I watched some of the 87 WC and the 15 over rule was in place then.

Clive Rice, well I dont have much footage of him during 77 and 78, but a bit from the rebel tours in 83, 84, 85 and 86. Looked a decent player, but to me he was a nicker- always looked like giving first slip catches!

Users who are viewing this thread