The Greatest ODI Batsman: Tendulkar vs Richards

Greatest ODI Batsman

• Tendulkar

Votes: 36 72.0%
  • Richards

Votes: 14 28.0%

• Total voters
They are greatest of all time. I know Legend bowlers were there in that era's but that doesn't mean this era bowlers are crap. All teams have improved their bowling (except India ofcourse). It is difficult to to play now with amount of new techniques bowlers have introduced.
TBH I'd like to see Friend face Hadlee, Imran, Akram, Dev, Lillee and Thomson on uncovered pitches with no protection.

And then if he's still alive he can come back and play on flat decks against mostly average bowlers
:facepalm Have I said it's easy face them?

You really need to read some posts before you post something. :p

BTW I would like to see your face against Tait, Johnson, Steyn and Shoib even with protections and on dead pitch :D

But that is ALL theory.

None of this "research" can be proven to have an effect in real cricket.

There is such a thing as proven theories, DumDum. It's called something that isn't a perfect science. Have you ever heard of economics?

FYI, Technology has made an impact on the game. Bowlers study batsmen a lot now. Similarly, batsmen get to study bowlers with awkward actions to get used to them. But bowlers do stand to gain a lot more, because a it's really hard for a batsman to rectify the flaws in their techniques. Bowlers can always change the lines and lengths they are used to bowling.

FYI, Technology has made an impact on the game. Bowlers study batsmen a lot now. Similarly, batsmen get to study bowlers with awkward actions to get used to them. But bowlers do stand to gain a lot more, because a it's really hard for a batsman to rectify the flaws in their techniques. Bowlers can always change the lines and lengths they are used to bowling.

Blah, blah, blah. Don't assume man, where is the proof? Evidence?

Blah, blah, blah. Don't assume man, where is the proof? Evidence?

I gave you evidence. You're just too bigoted to acknowledge it.

shravi added 0 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Sorry, that's not my area of expertise. I only deal with rational thinking.

Uhh dude, entire countries are built upon economic principles and theories.

You kids are wasting my time. Next time you reply to this, come up with proper proof, otherwise they are opinions and nothing more.

Cricket Performance Analysis Technology - The main players - Cricket Gear and Technology

I have already given you this link. It's proof that teams do use it and they would not be spending money on these things if they didn't work.

Sports Academics
- Has worked with 5,000 cricketers at National Cricket Academy and MRF Pace Academy
- Widely credited by players on the Indian team for improved performances
- Client list includes ICC, ACC, BCCI, and cricket boards of Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe, Bermuda, Saudi Arabia, Ireland, Canada, Kenya and Scotland

SAS
- Over time, the database was enriched with other important data such as pitch condition, venue, and players’ strengths and weaknesses for ODI cricket. The ultimate is detailed time-of-day and time-of-year data for individual grounds, fine tuned with real-time details such as humidity and light; which of the 50 overs is currently being bowled; and the records of the players of both sides involved at that time.
- Predictive analysis
- Coaches use this prediction to determine the best course of action
- Assesses “player contribution," examining each player’s performance against expectation

22 Yardz
- Match analysis suite with statistics and video analysis integrated for player analysis
- Used by the Royal Challengers Bangalore
- "The new partnership will help enhance the teams' performance using technological solutions that will provide players analysis and their health and fitness conditions, and technology such as RFID will be used to track and analyze bowlers' performance and condition."
- "All the statistical data and analysis of the players and game will be supported by graphics and visuals for better understanding and improving the performance."

Hawkeye as well. I didn't pick key points about HawkEye because I assumed you knew that much at least.

The only thing that proves is that some job-seeking IT geek managed to find a job.

TumTum added 9 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

It's proof that teams do use it and they would not be spending money on these things if they didn't work.

You wouldn't believe the things some people spend money on these days :facepalm

I gave you evidence. You're just too bigoted to acknowledge it.
Don%27t%20feed%20the%20troll.jpg

You want an example? Ajantha Mendis! How else did people figure him out?

Last edited:
You mean how did India figure him out. Because he played them so much it was like he was a member of their team.

Hardly, we found him difficult to contain in 6 ODI matches (Asia Cup Final and 5 ODI series in Sri Lanka) and 3 tests (in Sri Lanka. After that, he posed no problems whatsoever.

Hardly, we found him difficult to contain in 6 ODI matches (Asia Cup Final and 5 ODI series in Sri Lanka) and 3 tests (in Sri Lanka. After that, he posed no problems whatsoever.

Well he still has a good ODI record and is probably more useful in ODIs/2020 then tests because batsman don't have that much time to play at him and figure out what he is doing.
Anyways what I was saying is that India are probably the only ones that might have a easy time dealing with him because Sri Lanka and India have faced each other so much while other countries will probably have a hard time seeing what he is doing.

Users who are viewing this thread