The Greatest ODI Batsman: Tendulkar vs Richards

Greatest ODI Batsman

• Tendulkar

Votes: 36 72.0%
  • Richards

Votes: 14 28.0%

• Total voters
Hmm, I'm not sure if technology would be a strong enough argument to counter pitch quality, bat strength, boundary size, etc.

Hmm, I'm not sure if technology would be a strong enough argument to counter pitch quality, bat strength, boundary size, etc.

I think you've interpreted his argument wrong Tum. All his points are perfect, the only thing you've got on him is the quality of pitches.

So do you wanna edit your post?

You called it a "perfect" argument, and now you are doubting it...

Exactly my point. You don't need technology to figure out that you need to bowl short at Hughes, or full at KP do you? (unless you are either Shravi or ballers)

Ah the insult that really hurts when your probably the dumbest guy I have met....one person agreed with maybe a point of yours. He said first off that Cricketers should be able to think on their feet okay, that doesn't mean they don't watch tons and tons of game tapes. You need to know to understand something about a batsmen before the match you can't think on your feet every single match. Forget about coaches, players themselves use this tactic of watching game tapes over and over again for weaknesses and it works. This is not a theory...this is plain science, if you study something over and over again. It becomes a part of your sub conscious and you know instantly their weaknesses. What's the point of bowling constant overs and overs to find out players weaknesses when you use game tapes to find that out before the match. If you do this properly, it is not a theory and it works in every single sport you can think of.

Now I love how your so stupid as to actual not understand anything in the world. First off, you said that technology has no impact on cricket....PROVEN WRONG.

"During the last six years Hawk-Eye has developed strong relationships with the coaching staff of all the major cricket nations, with the likes of England, Australia, South Africa, and India all using Hawk-Eye data."

These teams use this method frequently. They win because they are good no doubt about that but this is a huge reason why, because they use this method.

TumTum, I get very irritated how you pick and choose. If you try and attack my posts. Don't pick ONE point and think to yourself "I feel so smart and I am going to call him a douchebag because he said this" you still haven't proven me wrong. Players and coaches use this IN EVERY SINGLE SPORT, its common sense like holy s*** how stupid can you be. THIS IS NOT A THEORY IT IS REALITY HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THAT. You study something to get it into your head right. It's the exact same thing for athletes they study their opponents so they can beat them. Do you honestly think that athletes simply go for the game without studying their opponents and try to improvise.

PLEASE READ MY ENTIRE POST IF YOU WANT TO REPLY TO MY POST

Tapes are not refereed to as "technology". Players used tapes in the 80s as well.

"During the last six years Hawk-Eye has developed strong relationships with the coaching staff of all the major cricket nations, with the likes of England, Australia, South Africa, and India all using Hawk-Eye data."

Wow that's really nice. Theory at its best :p

If you guys want to continue this argument, do it in a civil manner. One more personal attack, and I'll pull the infraction trigger.

Last edited:
Lol, never knew it will reach this page only for debating Technology. Leave it, he just wanna prove batting in old times were harder than batting in modern day or If I say in simple words Viv is better than Sachin Tendulkar :sarcasm. He can go to any limit to disapprove Sachin is greatest.

Back in the day batsman had it harder and bowlers had it easier, these days batsman have it easy and bowlers have it hard.
From bats to equipment to pitches it was a much more difficult game for the batsman. These days the batsman are wrapped up in all kinds of padding and protection, the bats are much better and bigger and most important of all the pitches these days are just awful and not to forget the change in the bouncer rule.

He can go to any limit to disapprove Sachin is greatest.

Yet it is quite funny how you think that is already a given fact.

I like every player, and have no grudges against them, however when users make silly arguments to counter-act real arguments, it gets on my nerves.

Viv is better than Sachin Tendulkar :sarcasm. He can go to any limit to disapprove Sachin is greatest.

What the use of sarcasm for? He is better then Sachin. What makes you so sure Sachin is the greatest, how is that 100% sure.

So do you wanna edit your post?

You called it a "perfect" argument, and now you are doubting it...

No? Why would I? Now you're interpreting my posts wrong :\

Gazza added 1 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

Lol, never knew it will reach this page only for debating Technology. Leave it, he just wanna prove batting in old times were harder than batting in modern day or If I say in simple words Viv is better than Sachin Tendulkar :sarcasm. He can go to any limit to disapprove Sachin is greatest.

Which so much much worse than the constant ████ you and others give every day saying that Tendulkar is some ulterior power.

From bats to equipment to pitches it was a much more difficult game for the batsman. These days the batsman are wrapped up in all kinds of padding and protection, the bats are much better and bigger and most important of all the
We can say the same for bowlers, isn't? with the likes of Steyn, Johnson and other fast bowlers. Add Murali and Warne also if you want in spin bowlers.

Friend863 added 1 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

Which so much much worse than the constant ████ you and others give every day saying that Tendulkar is some ulterior power
Have you read my first post in this thread? :facepalm

I am not the one who goes to every thread and post Tendulkar is greater than him etc.

What the use of sarcasm for? He is better then Sachin. What makes you so sure Sachin is the greatest, how is that 100% sure.

Because:
- Sachin has the biggest fan following, that makes it harder for him to bat
- Sachin has to battle with technology, fighting digital bits makes him a hero
- Sachin has got a good fitness, he has played for more than 20 years
- etc

You see what I have to put up with :facepalm

We can say the same for bowlers, isn't? with the likes of Steyn, Johnson and other fast bowlers. Add Murali and Warne also if you want in spin bowlers.

What same thing for the bowlers? Dont get what your trying to say...

Did I say anything in that post, Sachin is greatest? Reread the post. He just want to proves fact that any great batsman is better than Sachin whereas I found stupid to compare the two players from completely different era's. Both era's have their good and bad points for batting.

What same thing for the bowlers? Dont get what your trying to say...
Bowlers have improved their bowling from last decade that's it.

Last edited:
Tapes are not refereed to as "technology". Players used tapes in the 80s as well.

Wow that's really nice. Theory at its best :p

READ. READ. How many times do I say do not pick and choose. You are entirely ignoring every single posts. Even if you have old tapes of games in the 80s that means nothing. The quality of the picture, the way they use slow motions show exactly where the ball pitches, how much the ball moves. Go on youtube and type in Viv Richards wickets and you will see the difference in tapes. TumTum, do you study for an exam worth 50% of your mark? Most likely yes. Why because you want to know everything and have everything memorized for the exam. I highly doubt your just going to go into the exam and wing it thinking your going to get a good mark...because 99 times out of 100, your going to fail.

Convert this into sports, if a player knows that later on in an inning this player slows down due to hours of studying the players. He will have a better opportunity to get him out. This is not a sport thing, this is 100% science and it is proven in studies and works in education and sports. Now I will agree you cannot prove that it gives an advantage for bowlers. However, you said technology has no impact on the game today....100% wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread