The PlanetCricket Battrick Sledging Thread

I prefer the league. Like the County Championship, you can go up and down, or be a middle table team. This way, you are playing matches throughout the season, and fighting for points. Makes things interesting.

But some people dont like this long structure. They want it to be over quickly. for instance fatal.error left cause he didn't like its lengthy nature.

how about we have a league, and then a cup system like the Champions Leaugue, you dont have to be in both, but the league has gap weeks every 2/3 weeks for a cup game

so you have 2 or 3 league games, then a cup game, if you get knocked out of the cup you are free to have friendlies against old league rivals, or people you know who play battrick but not in the PC league

just a suggestion

i personally like the league format, but maybe thats because ive done well in it

I've got a play off game on friday, i can either be comfortable in div 5 or go down to div 6. I think I would struggle to throw it anyway their that bad but i'm still unsure on what to do. I might as well go for the win I guess

I dont understand why people dont like the big structure, for people like me who are new to this its very appealing

Considering the point is to have a friendly organised each week, I don't see much value in a big knockout. Which leads me to a question of the teams in league 3. Following Jaz' secession from the league, there are 4 teams who have missed more than a third of their matches and 2 who have missed half.

So I ask, is there anyone else who would rather quit than check each week for friendlies? Judging by the waiting list and participation in the Shield, there are plenty of forumers keen to play, plus with players leaving the higher leagues, there will probably need to be some shuffling, so now seems like a good time to ask the question.

It's probably a bit paradoxical to expect a response, but if we're going to stay remotely organised, it'd be nice if people were aware of what's going on.

I dont think the PC league needds to be changed. I guess the only people that want changing are the players that are losing every single week.

Actual response from Spin:

I am nearly 100% sure that the league format wil stay. This is mainly a way of getting a friendly every week, as people have mentioned. Running a knockout system would mean that half the teams would play only 1 game. I know the season is somewhat lengthy, but its just the way it is. Unless we reduced it to playing each team once and relying on a lottery for which teams you played home and away against. I have no problems with the current system.

As for a sepaerate cup, that seems more possible, but the problem is that it would make a long season longer. I would be for this though

Actual response from Spin:

I am nearly 100% sure that the league format wil stay. This is mainly a way of getting a friendly every week, as people have mentioned. Running a knockout system would mean that half the teams would play only 1 game. I know the season is somewhat lengthy, but its just the way it is. Unless we reduced it to playing each team once and relying on a lottery for which teams you played home and away against. I have no problems with the current system.

As for a sepaerate cup, that seems more possible, but the problem is that it would make a long season longer. I would be for this though

Didn't we have a vote before the start of this season, where the majority of players chose a long league format?

Didn't we have a vote before the start of this season, where the majority of players chose a long league format?
Yes thats right, and the league format will remain. A knockout competition to me doesnt make much sense as after the first couple of weeks half the teams in it will be out and the appeal of the competition will go downhill and lose a lot of momentum. The structure we have right now keeps everyone involved for 22 weeks of game time and the appeal never dies down as teams are fighting for promotion/survival/play-off spots throughout the season.

Expanding at the moment is on hold, a lot of teams in Division 3 are inactive and before a 4th Division is brought in I would Division 3 to be fully active. Many teams will come in to replace those who myself and Spin deem inactive come the end of the season.

The situation with Zorax and voldy's teams is more complicated. It seems likely voldy's team will be automatically relegated which isnt a problem as the move down to Division 3 can see them replaced by a relatively new team. Zorax's team however is different as it seems unlikely he will be. I was thinking of swapping whoever finished top of the relegation spaces in Division 1 with Zorax which seemed fair, rather than having 4 teams come up from Division 2 as it would be hard to deem who should come up in the extra place. At the moment my idea will go ahead unless I hear of something else which would make things easier.

Hmm, so is the only way for other teams to get in Div 3, do we need people to pull out?

Expanding the competition is the best way of keeping people interested, they will feel good about being in such a large structure.

Maybe halfing the season so we can fit two PC leagues in to one Battrick season might make it better as you have more of a chance of promotion/demotion

Hmm, so is the only way for other teams to get in Div 3, do we need people to pull out?

There are already inactive teams, so spaces wil open up at the end of the season.

As for replacing Zorax's team, sounds great keeping an extra team up. Hopefuly it wil be mine! :p

Users who are viewing this thread