The PlanetCricket Battrick Sledging Thread

My match tomorrow is against a team that is slightly weaker to mine! And I have 3 home games this week, so I think that I will earn 500k this week, which is superb because it will take my finance to 2 million! :)

That game is very winnable Viral, would be awesome if you could win it as you would get another home game.

Yes, thats true! And that match should be very interesting! :)

Today I posted 360+ against a team I thought might bowl me out cheaply. I lost four wickets. I'm not too sure what I should do for Day 2, though I think I won't declare until I get to 660 (which is unlikely). I don't think it will be this easy to bat later in the match, so a declaration now would not be a good idea.

Do people sometimes declare just to avoid handing the 3rd bonus bowling point to their opponent?

Welcome to PC Berk :)

And I don't think anyone here has done that. Most of our FC games so far have been pretty one-sided.

Today, I played a guy who is currently at the top of my league with 12 points and i managed to get a victory which still remains as the greatest suprise to me :happy It was his first loss too this season..

New Delhi Dipsites : 266/7(50)
Hunting Tigers : 267/5(45.4)

Won by 5 wickets. :)

Also got his U19 Indian team player for just 17 runs(BTR 33k) and another guy(BTR 41K) for just 33 runs which probably changed the entire match. :happy

Also, i saw this comment in my league's sledging thread,

In Sledging Thread said:
Interesting round of games this week, with NDD losing out to HT in a big upset! looking at reporter ratings, i think that gdhiman has every right to feel cheesed off by the result - be interesting to hear his thoughts on what went wrong!

it really opens up the league once again with unbeatable, NDD, and RIGS all on 12 points. i have the feeling that FC is really playing havoc with our ODI strategies - today i needed to rest my two best bowlers (rupesh apart) as they were knackered from the FC game this week.

Today, I played a guy who is currently at the top of my league with 12 points and i managed to get a victory which still remains as the greatest suprise to me :happy It was his first loss too this season..

Also got his U19 Indian team player for just 17 runs(BTR 33k) and another guy(BTR 41K) for just 33 runs which probably changed the entire match. :happy

Also, i saw this comment in my league's sledging thread,

Thats a terrific win! Winning against the best team in the league is always a fabulous achievement, especially for a young team! Well done! :clap

Was the post in your Sledging League thread?

Well that is a great win! They are like a team that you would play in the cup and knocked them off quite comfortably. You should be very pleased with yourself. :)

Hey Pal I'm going to be putting 2nd string players, my PFL are stuffed and I just can't risk lowering them further with my current position in the OD league.

Hey Pal I'm going to be putting 2nd string players, my PFL are stuffed and I just can't risk lowering them further with my current position in the OD league.

That's unfortunate. I was hoping to see an Eli-Chavhanga contest, but I understand.

Looks like that guy is facing what I'm facing, big problems with PFL.

Yep, This PFL has become a major problem. Because of that, i am sacrificing today's game :( Rested all the strike bowlers. No other way for me. and gave " Take it Easy " in Orders too.

Was the post in your Sledging League thread?

Yes :)

Welcome to PC Berk :)

And I don't think anyone here has done that. Most of our FC games so far have been pretty one-sided.

I played for a draw, and got one. I thin against that team if I'd played for a win, I would have either drawn or lost. So no harm done.

Then I GFIed on Friday, and won that one. A good season so far. But then my competition isn't too high-class.

My tough cup game this Sunday turned into a huge win for my team! I won the toss & batted first! The first ball of the match turned out to be a shocker, as my best batsmen was run-out for a duck! And then my young resp/strong/rep batsman, who was promoted to N0.2, took over! After the fall of the 2nd wicket, the young batsman started his array of shots & then finally, got out for 140! At the same time, my destructive No.4 comp/strong/feeb batsman was playing his best innings! At the end, he was on 195* & the score was 370!

Then, the opposing team's reply was very good as his opener scored an impressive century! After his dismissal, they played quite averagely until the final collapse! So, it was a terrific win by 140 runs! :)

And another superb surprise was the Reporters' Summary! I had played my best team for the first team in this season :

Code:
Sri Krishna Team  	
Top Order: 	[B]proficient[/B] 	
Middle Order: 	mediocre 	
Lower Order: 	abysmal 	
Seam Bowling: 	[B]proficient[/B] 	
Spin Bowling: 	[B]respectable 	[/B]
Fielding: 	mediocre

So, the ratings took a huge jump from comp/feeb batting & comp/comp bowling! :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread