The PlanetCricket Battrick Sledging Thread

Just so you know, the rankings will be completed very shortly and the tables will be drawn up and posted by tonight.

potential problem with the format. At least with the top division.

5 home and 5away games = 10 games.

then the top 4 play off is semi final then final. a further 2 games

total of 12 games = 12 weeks.

18 week (BT) season. Currently At least two of the top division sides are still in the cup. If either was to last another round then potentially the final won't be played until next BT season. (gap of several weeks between semi and the final)

Solution? just have the top two play a final. But if a team was to reach round 8 next season that wouldn't work either.

hmm...what if we make it jus play 5 games within the division... i dont think home and away games really matter anyways....

I think it does matter.

If i was to play Zain away on his pitch he'd be favourites however I'd say i was favourites on my pitch. Between two sides of similar ability pitch is often the deciding factor.

Well to be honest a good team should be able to adapt but everyone seems to be unhappy about it, the format change would be just a final and if we run out of room just the team who comes first. If any teams cup run goes further than that we will have to change the group stage.

I think playing each other once would be better. More chance to play teams that aren't in the league.

Made Our Battrick Champions League Banner :)

9A5L5OF7.gif

Nice banner WC :cheers

Just a few suggestions...

1) Summer has 2 m :p

2) When you show the BCL and after that Battrick Champions League appears, in that part don't change the font and let the BCL in their place, just add the rest of the text in black in colour ;)

Nice banner WC :cheers

Just a few suggestions...

1) Summer has 2 m :p

2) When you show the BCL and after that Battrick Champions League appears, in that part don't change the font and let the BCL in their place, just add the rest of the text in black in colour ;)

I was thinking same :)

Oh dear :(

FC Matches
We are unfortunately currently experiencing problems very similar to the ones we saw during the aborted week 1 FC games this season.

We have now stopped the engine from processing any further games until we can determine what is happening and why.

We hope to be able to avoid having to take the same action as was taken in week 1, but certainly expect some delays to your games today. Please bear with us whilst we make these investigations and apologies for the inconvenience.

10:10

FC Matches haven't started.

EDIT: FC Matches started a couple of hours ago.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread