The PlanetCricket Battrick Sledging Thread

FreddieFan said:
How much for Ainsworth?

Everyone get on the chat and let the bartering start!
You aint got no chance with Ainsworth matey!!!

RabbleRouser said:
Any chance of nabbing Barry Bolder off you?
He still has 23 days left on his contract because ive only recently signed him, yours for ?60,000 - the amount I paid!

I have two good players up for grab...

Lional Biyatris : ?2000 (Comptent Wicket-Keeper)
Satyajit Siriwardene : ?5000 (Comptent Bowler)

Come on guys...get them if you can...

FreddieFan said:
For all those just signing up to new teams, take a look at these players I have for sale. Starting at ?1000, you'll never see a better bargain! (Zorax, one's even West Indian!)

Shaun Calvert
Thomas Farmer
Keith Villiers
Robert Flynn
Tsk tsk, trying to rip off newbies. Those players are crap!
A word of advice: A batsman is near useless without any stamina and concentration ;)

ZoraxDoom said:
Tsk tsk, trying to rip off newbies. Those players are crap!
A word of advice: A batsman is near useless without any stamina and concentration ;)
LOL FreddieFan you've been figured! thats against the rules! Saying that I better come up with some rules!

Those players are not crap, I was offering them for a few thousand, which is what they're worth.

I wasn't ripping of newbies and they weren't crap players, therefore I am fine anyway.

FreddieFan said:
I wasn't ripping of newbies and they weren't crap players, therefore I am fine anyway.
lol calm down i was only messing!

Ive made the draw for the groups anyway, assigned each team a number and drew them from a hat, some very interesting groups! still awaiting the final few teams to sign up and then we can get the dice rolling!

FreddieFan said:
I think the phrase is "get the ball rolling" :p
Tsh who cares! You get what I mean! Come on guys we need more teams to join the league! The quicker you join the quicker we can get going!

Briggsey said:
Official Rules For Battrick League 2006

These rules are to be followed at all times and failure to do so could result in your team being disqualified!

4. Points will be allocated as 3 for a win, 0 for a win and 1 if the rare occurance of a tie happens.
I have a problem with this. My question is - "Huh?", followed up by - "What if we lose?"
Hope you can clear it :)

FreddieFan said:
Those players are not crap, I was offering them for a few thousand, which is what they're worth.
Maybe to you and the newbies they aren't crap, but my backups are better batsmen! I mean, he is useless without any stamina and/or concentration. He isn't a 17-20 YO either, so it would take quite a while to train him. I'd advise the others to buy batsmen based on their Stamina, Concentration, then Batting. A feeble with decent secondaries would do a lot bettter, as concentration helps them to either attack or defend as the situation requires, and the stamina help them bat a long time, regardless if they are talented or not.

Users who are viewing this thread