The PlanetCricket Battrick Sledging Thread

what is the format?

sorry but i dont know what it is and wont it be hard to do a 32 team league with cups etc.

possibly fixtures are drawn and if on team is still in the cup you look to see who elses team is in the cup and play one of them fixtures to fill in gaps and speed it up????

is there a prize ?

Last edited:
ste_mc_efc said:
what is the format?

sorry but i dont know what it is and wont it be hard to do a 32 team league with cups etc.
Not to worry, everything about the tournament is planned in an Excel file I have. All the groups and fixtures are laid out.

The format is as follows:

32 teams
4 groups - each consisting of 8 teams
Each team plays each other twice
The team finishing top will proceed to the semi-final and the winners of the semi-final will meet in the final, a 3rd and 4th place play off may also commence (yet to be decided)

As far the cup competition goes, that obviouisly cannot be helped, all I can suggest is that either the fixture will be played at a later date or each team will receive 2 points each as obviously the team/s in the cup cannot help that fact. I will decided this at a later date, depending on how many teams are still in the cup.

If you have any more questions, please dont hesitate to ask.

Last edited:
how about 8 groups of 4, winner of groups go through, teams play each other twice, quarter, semis, final

my way there is 9 rounds, over much quicker and mroe teams get past the group stage, and if we play fixtures like i suggested before, and 2 groups are done before other groups they play a quarter,

gets the league done quickly so another can start!

just an idea

do you want me to ask teams from my league to join?

Last edited:
ste_mc_efc said:
how about 8 groups of 4, winner of groups go through, teams play each other twice, quarter, semis, final

my way there is 9 rounds, over much quicker and mroe teams get past the group stage, and if we play fixtures like i suggested before, and 2 groups are done before other groups they play a quarter,

gets the league done quickly so another can start!

just an idea

do you want me to ask teams from my league to join?

Ask people on battrick yes because we need 32 teams, your idea is good and i guess it would make things quicker, ill take it into consideration, the only drawback i see from my view is that i would need to do all of the fixtures again and it took me about 45 mins to do the first set!

shouldnt take that long, split the two groups in half,

problem solved as long as the 2 strongest teams are kept apart i for one won't complain if i get a tough group

ste_mc_efc said:
shouldnt take that long, split the two groups in half,

problem solved as long as the 2 strongest teams are kept apart i for one won't complain if i get a tough group
Right, i think you have hit the nail on the head with this idea mate, it is much more practical and quicker.

The same rules will apply but now there will be 8 groups of 4 teams, i will draw the groups again (i can tell you that the TT Lions and The Falcons were in the same group, so too were James and FreddieFan's teams :D) I will draw it now and see how it goes, but we need those 7 members so it can get going! ive had some people saying they will sign up and join so please do it asap!

I think that is a good idea

But I also think a seeding system would come in handy, so there are no groups of death.

Plus it would stop teams who are rubbish (like mine!) from drawing all good teams

So there would be 8 1st seeds, 8 2nd seeds, 8 3rd seeds and 8 4th seeds, just a thought

EDIT: If you cant be bothered doing it then I will do the seeding for you :p

Last edited:
The Spin said:
I think a seeding system would come in handy, so there are no groups of death.

Plus it would stop teams who are rubbish (like mine!) from drawing all good teams

EDIT: If you cant be bothered doing it then I will do the seeding for you :p
Dont worry im going try and make the groups as even but i guess its the luck of the draw really, anyone can beat anyone in a game of cricket, same applies with battrick, i beat the best team in my league last season even though they steam rolled the league so dont worry!

playing the better teams wont bothe rme that much as they have more supporters, so a bigger attendence, getting more money will be a silver lining form not winning

The Spin said:
Not even interested if I did the seeding for you :p
If i need a hand ill let you know :D

Would you rather play each team home and away to keep it fair or just one game where the ground will be decided at random?

Users who are viewing this thread