The PlanetCricket Battrick Sledging Thread

Looks like I'm getting knocked out this weekend as well anyway.

I threw the game :). This way I have a chance during the T20's this week.

The Bangladesh U-19 side is a disgrace. And the Admins think there is nothing wrong with it. Absolutely Pathetic.

I'm thinking of shifting out of Bangladesh now to either Kenya or Afghanistan.

Why is it a disgrace?
To summarise:

- A group of us (ie, all active Bangladeshi managers) set out tracking talent, creating an offsite, dedicating our spare nets to training prospects, sending out welcome PMs, building a whole community. Mamun has a prospect, but doesn't respond to PMs asking him if he plans on training him and on what nets, and he doesn't join in discussion in the sledging boards and doesn't join the offsite forum.

- We get a BCC representative selected. Sherelam.

- The elections roll around. We decide to vote for Sherelam to take the job. Mamun pops in out of nowhere here, and decides to run as well. Doesn't answer questions or criticisms in his election thread.

- Mamun wins the election with 18 votes. Sherelam gets 10. We have between 8-10 active members on the Sledging boards and offsite forum.

- Sherelam, now disillusioned by the results of the elections, takes an indefinite break from the game. After all he's done and all the work put in, the fact that an unknown who has contributed nothing won the election is enough to put him off the game.

- I throw a big tantrum

- We try to be supportive. He ignores our advice and starts selecting a squad without telling us. I try to gather information of all our prospects and post them on the offsite forum, but he doesn't join the forum, and continues to pick and drop players, harming our team's morale.

- Another U-19 manager pops in and tells us not to worry since morale gets reset. Never occured to Mamun to tell us.

- Sadiques then comes out angry about the results of the elections. Although he phrases his anger in a very polite and formal manner. He is another original member who was dedicating a lot of his nets on a Nat prospect. As it stands he doesn't have a lot of time in his hand, and his sole reason of hanging around in BT is for Bangladesh, and the result of the elections has put him off as well. He doesn't like how one guy and his group of friends can come in and take away what we all worked so hard to build. He sells off his Nat prospect and gives up on the Bangladesh community.

- Myfrenchcut steps in and starts to pacify things, and convinces me to give Mamun a chance and to be a bit supportive.

- Mamun starts sending PMs asking players to be rested from games. myfrenchcut, one of the founding managers, who is training our best AR prospect on 9 nets, is not informed and his player is never picked because his stamina is on feeble. This is a glaring inconsistency as there are other players in the squad with the same stamina. His player is also being trained with the Nat side in mind, and should be picked to gain experience. However, he is ignored. Same occurs for another one of our founding manager's prospects, a heavily trained batsman. In the meanwhile, Yasin Shahbhan gets picked, despite his manager telling us he wants to train Yasin purely as a squad player and has no U-19/Nat ambitions for him.

- He picks 3 players who we have never tracked before, and refuses to reveal their skills to us

- He then claims he doesn't want information such as skills of the squad and tactics open to the whole Bangladesh community, but instead he should be the only one who knows. myfrenchcut, at this time, has agreed to be his advisor, as is rightfully shocked that he doesn't get to know skills of players or the final tactics.

- mamun continues to ignore the offsite forum. He also chooses to ignore advice given to him from other managers not involved with Bangladesh. He then comes out and says he doesn't want to join the offsite and reveal any of this information to the public. myfrenchcut finally has had enough, and decides to put his Nat prospect up for sale, and declares that he's quitting from the Bangladesh community too.

- I throw another tantrum

- I continue to throw a big tantrum.

Wow. Scratch that, I wasn't summarising :p

we narrowly avoid a similar problem on ftp with scotland every season. Some joker comes in with no scottish players and runs every season, being ftp they tend to have more multies than friends voting for them, though. the offsite is yet to lose an election, but when/if we do expect RAO to go on the warpath.

I'm still waging a war here against Mamun.

Nothing's going to change, but I'm sure as hell not going to let him have an easy two terms.

He's got an OD League full of Bots and still somehow lost his Cup game against a Bot team. He can say he threw the game, but that makes no sense whatsoever. What a failure :facepalm

You ever need a hand in causing a riot over a bad election winner, be sure to let me know.

Gutted that I lost my Cup match. My big name bats let me down, it would have been an embarassing defeat if my number 6 and 7 hadn't hung around :(

Oh well, he was a good team:

LBW

Top Order: phenomenal
Middle Order: remarkable
Lower Order: abysmal
Seam Bowling: exquisite
Spin Bowling: miraculous
Fielding: respectable

Livingston Lions

Top Order: sensational
Middle Order: wonderful
Lower Order: abysmal
Seam Bowling: sensational
Spin Bowling: phenomenal
Fielding: mediocre

Oooh...fun fact. Our current U-19 manager has lost to bots 5 times in little over a season playing the game.

[matchID=4803082]
[matchID=4803076]
[matchID=4803056]
[matchID=4803049]
[matchID=5240796]

Lost to a Bot. On FIVE different occasions. In little over a season. Wow.

Users who are viewing this thread