The Spin's Download Thread

The Spin said:
It should work on the demo, i cant see why not.

Thanks duff, supportive as always!

I just spotted your comment in the news section about the download, classic!

For those of you who didnt see the comment it was
Thanks mate. What I was trying to convey is that it did more than I expected it to do. That's why your patches are so great, because they do everything.
Cheers once again and you are doing a beauty of a job.

The Spin said:
Thanks duff its nice to be appreciated!
I can only compare this wonderful heart-pounding patch to one other - Tust's AI patch 3.1. And I gotta tell you that this patch beats it with both hands down.

The spin and seam isn't unusually turned up to the max as tutsi's, the balls just roll along nicely to the fence and the ruggedness of the AI made it a more energetic feel.
Continue the good work and good luck.

what a fantastic patch! i played a ODI 50 Overs match between Aus and Pak and Aussies hit 326/9 and pakistan chased it down with 1 ball to spare! i like the way this patch has been set wikets are usually lost in the 1-10overs mark and then they start making a partnership and increase the R/R to 4 or 5 an over and if wickets in hand by the 41-50 they start to smash out of the park!!

good patch

hi dude i am from bangalore,tried ur patch for the past 3 days,it seems a very good patch some more tweaks can improve it.

firstly ,batting has improved a lot,ther's more variation in shots,fielding has been really good with some misfields here n ther,well thats what we actually need in cricket thou.

i guess there has to be changes made in variation line n lenght in the A.i s bowling,also it would be better if it could bowl length much suited to the pitch ,like more deliveries of short of length when in a hard or green pitch compared to on a dry one.another important change i would like is some edges to the keeper, i ve been playing the game for the past 4 months and i dont remember ever edging to the keeper,i notice that when the A.I tries to run a shot ball to third man ,he gets away even if he doesn time it.

i fee the umpires are too tight on wides ,either for deliveries slightly away or above the batsman ,is ther anyway to make them a little more liberal,it would be even better to make them slightly inconsistent in their decisions...

overall i rate this patch better than other patches ...thank u :hpraise

Hi,

You are simply GRRRRREEEEEAAAAATTTTT.

I have been playing game for last couple months. lost my interest completly as it became very monotonous.

With the patch, the interest is back. The best thing I likes is that there is more reward for the ground shots. Its nice to see the cover drive (both backfoot & front foot) going to boundry all along the ground. That was definitely missing earlier.

I wonder EA should take this as a case study. If you can make this game so much realistic by a patch I don't know what would u do if the complete the game ;-)

I won't exaxerate a bit if I say that EA should offically accept this patch & make it as a standard part of the game ...

Once again thanks a ton for giving us a new game ...EA Cricket 2006 :)

khariwal said:
I won't exaxerate a bit if I say that EA should offically accept this patch & make it as a standard part of the game ...

Once again thanks a ton for giving us a new game ...EA Cricket 2006 :)

This is likely the biggest praise I could have ever been given! Thanks and enjoy the patch!

cri said:
i guess there has to be changes made in variation line n lenght in the A.i s bowling,also it would be better if it could bowl length much suited to the pitch ,like more deliveries of short of length when in a hard or green pitch compared to on a dry one.another important change i would like is some edges to the keeper, i ve been playing the game for the past 4 months and i dont remember ever edging to the keeper,i notice that when the A.I tries to run a shot ball to third man ,he gets away even if he doesn time it.

i fee the umpires are too tight on wides ,either for deliveries slightly away or above the batsman ,is ther anyway to make them a little more liberal,it would be even better to make them slightly inconsistent in their decisions...

Thanks for the feedback. Ill try and incorporate more edges to the keeper in an update if other people also find that. As for the umpires, im not sure how that could be done. Ill look into it, but unfortunatly it doesnt seem possible. The line and length again there doesnt seem to be a method of making different lines and lenghths in one patch, youd have to have different patches for different pitches. If there is support for it I will try.

Latest news...

My next release is likely to be
"The Spin's Gameplay Super Patch"
Which will consist of:
The Spin's Beginners Gameplay Patch 2.0
The Spins Reallistic Gameplay Patch 1.1
PLUS the all new The Spin's Challenging Gameplay Patch which is currently under development

Patch Features
Beginners - Easier than ever, now with a batting file and a bowling file.
Reallistic - Very similar to 1.0 except edge increase and minor tweaks. Possibly shot modification
Challenging - My new patch, compatable with Hard mode only. Should provide a challenge and also has some of the Reallistic patch features

I have just started development and this bundle will be released on the 25th December as a present for whatever religious holiday you may celebrate in December/January.

Thanks for your feedback and support

The Spin said:
Latest news...

My next release is likely to be
"The Spin's Gameplay Super Patch"
Which will consist of:
The Spin's Beginners Gameplay Patch 2.0
The Spins Reallistic Gameplay Patch 1.1
PLUS the all new The Spin's Challenging Gameplay Patch which is currently under development

Patch Features
Beginners - Easier than ever, now with a batting file and a bowling file.
Reallistic - Very similar to 1.0 except edge increase and minor tweaks. Possibly shot modification
Challenging - My new patch, compatable with Hard mode only. Should provide a challenge and also has some of the Reallistic patch features

I have just started development and this bundle will be released on the 25th December as a present for whatever religious holiday you may celebrate in December/January.

Thanks for your feedback and support
I can't wait for these patches mate, but sadly I won't be able to get them in time. I am on holidays from the 24th December, so I won't be able to download them. :(
Anyways, keep the absolutely great work up mate, you are a star.
I must say that these are by far the best patches for Cricket 2005. Well done.

All the support i have recieved is incredible and Im happy you all enjoy my patches. Please, if anything that can be improved please tell me soon so it can be included in the version 1.1 that will be in the Super patch.

I hope i can continue to add to the gaming experience you all seem to be enjoying and that I will recieve as much support.

Thanks a lot for this patch, its by far the best one ive tried.

A couple of suggestions:

Firstly i think there needs to more variation in line and length from the bowler. I have just tried 10 overs of a county game between Hampshire and gloustershire and not once was the ball bowled by the cpu outside the line of either off or leg and only once did i have to play off the back foot, it might just be that game though.

Secondly this might be a problem just for me but i noticed that every time with every shot the ball speeds UP as its crossing the outfield, surely it should slow down

Finally i personally find the straight drive with the six hit button to be too effective

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments

THe new patch will go into testing today (thanks duff ;)) prior to its release

Users who are viewing this thread