The VB Series 2006

VB Series Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sureshot said:
Yes he's double jointed, meaning unlike the average persons joint his goes the opposite way.

Just to show the flex of some people who are double jointed, some double jointed people can touch the top of their wrist with their fingers going backwards.
When you bowl you don't need to straighten your arm at all. You've just got to make sure that it doesn't change once you're in the bowling action. Which means that your arm can be at 90 degrees bend, as long as it stays like that and doesn't straighten during the action.

Australia will most probably win but south africa and sri lanka are very good sides and will put up a challenge. Despite being in bad form sri lanka are still pretty dangerous. Just replace SA and SL with Zimbabwe and Bangladesh and i'll be even more excited :p

MUFC1987 said:
When you bowl you don't need to straighten your arm at all. You've just got to make sure that it doesn't change once you're in the bowling action. Which means that your arm can be at 90 degrees bend, as long as it stays like that and doesn't straighten during the action.

the Aussies would love that :D

kodos said:
It was worst than that :p They were 0-236 by 33 overs!! With Jayasuriya scoring 122 off 100 odd balls.
And what made it worse is that they were bowled out for 65 by Australia A, a day or so before.

Last edited by a moderator:
angryangy said:
Obviously if Jayasuria and Smith open the batting, they had to have gotten to at least 0/200

Umm I am talking about Sri Lanka v Australia at the SCG in the last VB series they participated.

kodos said:
Umm I am talking about Sri Lanka v Australia at the SCG in the last VB series they participated.

Thats the game where they scored 340 odd. :(

Either way the ODI is an unpredictable game and anything can happen. The big test for Aus is when they rest McGrath. Thats when the wheels started to fall off.

And maybe, they won't pick Mick Lewis to bowl at the depth again.

It will be interesting if McGrath is still dangerous in the ODI form of the game and whether he can continue to tie one end down and Lee attack at the other end.

McGrath isn't getting the big haul of wickets these days but is keeping it tight while getting 2 or 3 wickets. It definitely will be interesting to see how much our bowling attack concedes with McGrath back. We all know what happened in NZ without him.

Dorey I feel should be groomed to lead the attack once McGrath goes as Lee doesn't seem to give confidence to the other bowlers like McGrath does and he is more 50/50 on when he performs where as McGrath performs more times than not which provides the base for the other bowlers.

aussie1st said:
McGrath isn't getting the big haul of wickets these days but is keeping it tight while getting 2 or 3 wickets. It definitely will be interesting to see how much our bowling attack concedes with McGrath back. We all know what happened in NZ without him.

Dorey I feel should be groomed to lead the attack once McGrath goes as Lee doesn't seem to give confidence to the other bowlers like McGrath does and he is more 50/50 on when he performs where as McGrath performs more times than not which provides the base for the other bowlers.

its not only about wickets, mc grath is so economical bowler that its not easy to score on his bowling and thats where he saves at least 20 odd runs in a game.

Big blow again for the South Africans with Andre Nel out for 3-4 weeks. Damn I really wanted to see Nel bowl again and stick it to the Australian batsman's again :p

Goddammit, I have Nel in my Fantasy Team. ARGH1!!! I am so waiting next time til the second it closes.

Users who are viewing this thread