The VB Series 2006

VB Series Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah I had to change my sportal team and my team on planetcricket forums.

Aus named their team yesterday
Adam Gilchrist (wk), Simon Katich, Ricky Ponting (capt), Damien Martyn, Andrew Symonds, Michael Clarke, Mike Hussey, James Hopes, Brett Lee, Nathan Bracken, Glenn McGrath. Supersub Brad Hogg

Very strong squad which will be suited by batting first but they still have enough bowlers if they have to bowl first. Good to see Martyn back at 4 as he has been in sublime touch lately.

I don't think Katich is as flamboyant as Hayden...i think they could try a different player in the top-order. Anyway, match has started...and Gilly's poor form in ODI's continue, he's out for 13!
Martyn will have a point to prove, and hopefully Clarke will make it big once again.

LOL. Greig loves his Sri Lankans. Come on Aussies, your run rate needs upping. 2 wickets down now. Ponting and Gilchrist.

Greig's apparant best bowler of the slower ball in world cricket went for a lot of runs without much wickets in NZ. Hmmmm.

Hmm, I think Martyn is a bit fortunate to still be out there. It wasn't a real convincing appeal by the bowler but it seemed like it clipped his fingers than on the stumps and Martyn was well short. Anyways 2 big wickets gone now, Gilchrist and Ponting.

Martyn is going pretty good. He is hitting like in the Twenty20 match. Katich just reached his fifty.

kodos said:
Hmm, I think Martyn is a bit fortunate to still be out there. It wasn't a real convincing appeal by the bowler but it seemed like it clipped his fingers than on the stumps and Martyn was well short. Anyways 2 big wickets gone now, Gilchrist and Ponting.
Well, Martyn was definitely very lucky to still be out there an over later, but I feel if the bowler didn't really appeal, that's probably an admission that h didn't get a finger to it.

Martyn has been bowled at 238-4 in 38.2 overs. If Symonds and Clarke keep hitting like that Australia could reach 340. I would say they could have brought in Hussey now.

Well Sri Lanka made a muck up on the toss. And they will pay. Great innings from Martyn. Funny that the same two players who stared in the 20/twenty are on fire again.

Users who are viewing this thread