The VB Series 2006

VB Series Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
MUFC1987 said:
Before you decide to insult me, perhaps you should read my post properly where it says the supporters not the Australian Team.
Actually, I hadn't slept for three days in a row when I read your post,
so I bound to make a mistake reading it, sorry dude.

And it is with regards to the constant 'No Ball' calls from the crowds, in an attempt to get the Umpires to pick up on that.
I have no problem with Murali, so I can't say why they continue to taunt him.
Murali was found by 4 Australian clinics to have a genetic issue that doesn't
allow him to fully straighten his elbow/arm, if I remember corectly.

Andrew...

SL have made a shocking start but a number of their stars were rested. Their batters had a shocker all out for 120 which was clearly not enough for their bowlers to defend. White wasn't successful this time batting at 4.
This VB series is starting to look very 2 sided.

sachin said:
You are overstating how much Murali has played against minnow teams.His average is actually worse against Zimbabwe than it is usually.
That's complete crap- 87 @ 16.86 from 14 games against Zimbabwe, 61 @ 12.31 in 7 Tests at home against them. Hardly worse than a career average of 22.47

EDIT: Sensational captaincy by White, he didn't bowl himself at all

White won't make it as a batter alone. He will need to bowl well to have any hope of making the Aus team. NSW is the best team to see where his bowling is at as well.

aussie1st said:
SL have made a shocking start but a number of their stars were rested. Their batters had a shocker all out for 120 which was clearly not enough for their bowlers to defend. White wasn't successful this time batting at 4.
This VB series is starting to look very 2 sided.

I agree but hopefully the Sri Lankans can cause an upset or two. Remember they are a very unpredictable team, remember the SCG match a few years back ;)

Don't remind me, 0/171, off the first 25 overs, and in New Zealand, they did get better.

It was worst than that :p They were 0-236 by 33 overs!! With Jayasuriya scoring 122 off 100 odd balls.

Andrew G said:
I have no problem with Murali, so I can't say why they continue to taunt him.
Murali was found by 4 Australian clinics to have a genetic issue that doesn't
allow him to fully straighten his elbow/arm, if I remember corectly.

Andrew...

Yes he's double jointed, meaning unlike the average persons joint his goes the opposite way.

Just to show the flex of some people who are double jointed, some double jointed people can touch the top of their wrist with their fingers going backwards.

1 more day to go, and then the first blockbuster series of the new year will start.

kodos said:
It was worst than that :p They were 0-236 by 33 overs!! With Jayasuriya scoring 122 off 100 odd balls.
Obviously if Jayasuria and Smith open the batting, they had to have gotten to at least 0/200

y2j826 said:
1 more day to go, and then the first blockbuster series of the new year will start.
2 of them infact !
The VB Series and of course India V Pakistan (Allianz Cup 2005)

The VB Series next year, I think, will feature New Zealand, England and Australia. What a series!! All three teams are arch-rivals!

m_vaughan said:
The VB Series next year, I think, will feature New Zealand, England and Australia. What a series!! All three teams are arch-rivals!

next year its the year for WORLD CUP, so VB Series is not important next year, at least not like this one, cuz all of the international teams will compete for a single trophy and that will really rock.

Users who are viewing this thread