The VB Series 2006

VB Series Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
kodos said:
The main reasons why many supporters have a go at him is because they realise that he is better than Warne statistically and are too arrogant to admit it.
Being statistically better means nothing in cricket, you should know that.
Afterall, Stuart MacGill has better stats in his career aswell, especially when
the both of them are bowling in the same game, but I'm sure you would agree
that doesn't mean MacGill is better than Warne, so, no, Australians aren't to
arrogant to admit it, they/we know the truth of who's the better, and that is
Warne, but it seems you're to arrogant to admit that... :rolleyes:

kodos said:
The game is at the Telstra Dome on Friday :D I think many people are getting mixed up because all the games now are at the Telstra Dome this summer. I agree about Murali, I think he will fire and will be determined to prove he still has the goods. Also to shut all the fools mouth's that he is no where as good as warne and that he chucks. The main reasons why many supporters have a go at him is because they realise that he is better than Warne statistically and are too arrogant to admit it.
Damn!Just assumed......

Andrew G said:
Being statistically better means nothing in cricket, you should know that.
Afterall, Stuart MacGill has better stats in his career aswell, especially when
the both of them are bowling in the same game, but I'm sure you would agree
that doesn't mean MacGill is better than Warne, so, no, Australians aren't to
arrogant to admit it, they/we know the truth of who's the better, and that is
Warne, but it seems you're to arrogant to admit that... :rolleyes:
BUT..........Macgill hasn't played nearl as many Test as either Murali or Warne.
I don't believe Warne is better,and if anyone is being arrogant.it is the Aussie supporters who say that he is FAR below Warne....utter rubbish.

god SA getting flogged by SA they have 0 chance at all a white wash again to aust same as always

SA are performing not up to their usual standards but it seem from last night that they aren't use to the fast, quick GABBA wicket and hence stuggle against QLD atm. Expect them to improve though and give the Aussies a good challenge. Aus also suffered a bad start during the one dayers in England. Remember they lost to Somerset and Bangladesh.

and retired lots of their batsman..

sachin said:
Damn!Just assumed......

BUT..........Macgill hasn't played nearl as many Test as either Murali or Warne.
I don't believe Warne is better,and if anyone is being arrogant.it is the Aussie supporters who say that he is FAR below Warne....utter rubbish.
if your going by statisics you should know that murali plays agaisnt all the minnows and bags hundreds of wickets whislt warne has only played 1 match ( i think?) agaisnt a minnow country, all his wickets coming from quality test match teams, plus warnes a better batter lol :D

Even though they scored 350 odd there bowlers didn't back up the batsman and a loss is a loss. This is going to result in another thread about warne v murali. They both are champion bowlers and it should be left it as that.

kodos said:
Even though they scored 350 odd there bowlers didn't back up the batsman and a loss is a loss. This is going to result in another thread about warne v murali. They both are champion bowlers and it should be left it as that.

In England Gillespie was not in form, and no one else was there as a quality bolwer, but now australian's got Clark and Bracken, so they got lot of support now.

One thing I hope which doesn't happen in the VB series is that Murali won't be taunted with "no-ball" chants. Hope the Aussie crowd finally accept Murali and stop acting stupidly. Even the Prime Minister John Howard was stupid and called Murali a chucker publicly.

thats true, cricket is a game so watch it for enjoy dont taunt on others.

kodos said:
One thing I hope which doesn't happen in the VB series is that Murali won't be taunted with "no-ball" chants. Hope the Aussie crowd finally accept Murali and stop acting stupidly. Even the Prime Minister John Howard was stupid and called Murali a chucker publicly.

it will happen every ball they did it when teh world XI was here i know its bad but it will happen I guarantee you it

let the crowds enjoy themselves, they pay money to see the match.

I suppose we should make all the pitches better for off-spin bowling every time he comes, too. A big part of world sport is that some places have unfriendly crowds, hell, even lower levels of cricket get that. It's far from the worst treatment a sportsman will get.

I'm sure a NZ fan can come up with some of the chants used on Brett Lee in the recent Chappell-Hadlee series. Who cares?

Wow Brett Lee endured some trouble in NZ once. The reason why they made chants were mainly due to him bowling the beamer to McCullum. But Murali have even said that he was going to refuse playing in Australia because of the taunts. Aussie crowds should just stop it as it is getting very repetitive. Murali should be able to play in Australia being treated like the same as any other player. And it looks like langerrox and AngryAngry are a group of Aussie supporters who are just jealous of Murali's class and are a bunch of idiots who never learn.

Anyways South Africa bowled well to dismiss QLD for a mediocre 111. SA won by 94 runs and it must have been a bowlers pitch for QLD and SA to reach rather low totals.

Users who are viewing this thread