The VB Series 2006

VB Series Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, Not too bad ;)

Ponting is very lucky he can afford to bowl his spinners this lat ein the game. otherwise he was heading waaayyy overtime.

Well at least Sri Lanka proved me wrong and they batted the full 50 overs :p Well there may be good news for SA. On the foxsports website it says that Ntini may make a surprise return to replace Nel. I certainly hope he does and can add strength to the bowling attack.

yer, kruger or the other dude should be given the boot not nel..

What do you mean given the boot? Andre Nel is out for the 3-4 weeks which basically means the whole VB series apart from the finals i think. And I don't think they will wanna risk using Nel for the final matches anyways. So Makhaya has a chance to return or they may recriut Dale Steyn, but reckon Kruger will get the nod ahead of him.

Nel has been sent home so even if SA make the finals he shouldn't be taking part but they could fly him back I guess.
Martyn continuing his great form, Hodge has missed the boat now. Symonds picking up where he left off in NZ. Bowling wise great to see Bracken get some wickets and keep it extremely tight.

tsyrmas said:
i rekon Hogg's great. but then i also like boof and Katich, as well as shane lee. but yeah, i htink he adds life to the team

Hoggs wrong-un is quite deceitful, i spotted it on first replay though :p

I think we stand a good chance this summer of whooping Sri Lanka, might even win the ODIs :)

kodos said:
What do you mean given the boot? Andre Nel is out for the 3-4 weeks which basically means the whole VB series apart from the finals i think. And I don't think they will wanna risk using Nel for the final matches anyways. So Makhaya has a chance to return or they may recriut Dale Steyn, but reckon Kruger will get the nod ahead of him.
sorry i thought Nel was right to play :rolleyes:

No good reason to risk Nel, when there is the home series to think about. Still, I reckon the same could be said of Ntini.

quite easy win for australia as we was expecting, but gilchrist is still out of form, he has to be in form to make series more interesting and he is in my fantasy cricket team too.

angryangy said:
No good reason to risk Nel, when there is the home series to think about. Still, I reckon the same could be said of Ntini.
Yeah I think SA should ensure both those players are fit for the return series. I'd personally give test cricket a higher priority.

Users who are viewing this thread