The VB Series 2006

VB Series Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gilly's influence will rub off onto the other players, good comeback from Murali though after conceding that 99 last match.

Now Tony Grieg is going on about how the batsman runs infront of the ball to try avoid a run out, what a crock of ****. Like any batsman in the world is gonna spend that extra few seconds getting out of the way of the stumps so a team has a chance to run them out, lol.. What a ****a..

geez Ponting's going slow...he might wanna get a move on because the gap between balls and runs is narrowing.

If behaviour like this happened at the G, people'd be saying how we're so undisciplened, cricket should be banned until it improves etc. But this isn't Melbourne, so we won't hear a peep.

They need to speed up quickly. Don't let em have maiden overs!

Century for Katich, off 136 balls though - he's played well to get the century but for that kind of run chase you need to play quickly. Centuries for the openers though must be good for their confidence.

Oh well Katich will be opener for the SA series now. Lets see how well he goes in SA now that he has scored a 100. Heres hoping he will pick up his strike rate.

Congrats to Aus, VB Series champions!

Australia win the series 2-1. Should've put some money on us beating SL 2-1, would've got a fair bit for it.

Now bugger off Murali, don't come back till you've got a thicker skin you big girl.

Aussies win the series, although Sri Lanka have palyed extremely well throughout. Well looks I'm gonna win me some vCash!

Although Australlia were always gonna win it no matter what.

aussie1st said:
Oh well Katich will be opener for the SA series now. Lets see how well he goes in SA now that he has scored a 100. Heres hoping he will pick up his strike rate.

Congrats to Aus, VB Series champions!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I heard that the squad to tour SA was already finalised but not announced, meaning that they could actually have dropped Katich irrespective of his performance tonight. Would be very harsh if that really was correct, he does deserve another go and as a result of being very poorly treated in the past has changed his approach to batting which is probably why he's a slightly different player than that of the past.

Users who are viewing this thread