The Worst Ever World Cup....

Sagacious said:
After that humiliating defeat against NZL, BD supporters burned his effigy. He just wanted to act smart, nothing else. Who cares?
lol i read that...Bhashar thinks his team is all that quailty n what the hell is he himself? I've never seen him even winning a match for Bangla...he sux n his average suggests that. They're still minnow and need to realize that...just coz they beat SA n India doesn't maek them better side...its coz they were lucky that day and do agree that they have few good youngsters buh Bhashr himself sucks.

Lucky that day? ffs.
They outplayed them, that simple.
I wish people would stop hanging onto dreams that Bangladesh got lucky, they outplayed both sides.
It doesn't mean they're better than them, they just outplayed them on the day, thats what ODI's are all about.

They have some very good youngsters. Some of the have the potential to become very good players, whether they become that or not we will see over time.
Bashar is a decent player, at the Bangladesh level, he has been out of form for a long time. I wish people would stop calling players poor because they're out of form.

Banlga might have out-played both sides,but they seem to loose it afterwards.
Right after a win,Banlga loses it,they tend to relax.What happened after the win against against India,they got beaten badly by Lanka !
As far as ppl burning his effigies are concerned,well that actually surprises me.
Do the Bangladeshis expect them to win the World Cup now ?

Justcrazy said:
lol i read that...Bhashar thinks his team is all that quailty n what the hell is he himself? I've never seen him even winning a match for Bangla...he sux n his average suggests that. They're still minnow and need to realize that...just coz they beat SA n India doesn't maek them better side...its coz they were lucky that day and do agree that they have few good youngsters buh Bhashr himself sucks.
yeah, that tells me you don't know a lot about the subjects your talking about. Bhashar was the best and most consistent Bangladeshi batsmen before this new patch of youngsters came, his average doesn't do him justice and true that he haven't been performing this world cup. If bangladesh are still "minnows" than may be you should count England and WI minnows too at the moment. Bangladesh isn't the top 8 but they are not the "minnows". Also, luck didn't have anything to do with those wins. They dominated the India game and they won against SA pretty comfortably too. And if you don't pay attention to them; the beat NZ in the warm ups as well. Also one more thing learn how to spell before criticizing others.

iceman_waugh said:
Banlga might have out-played both sides,but they seem to loose it afterwards.
Right after a win,Banlga loses it,they tend to relax.What happened after the win against against India,they got beaten badly by Lanka !
They didn't lose bad to england...it was close...Lanka right now are performing like they can win the wc while the others weren't.

Last edited:
LA ICE-E said:
If bangladesh are still "minnows" than may be you should count England and WI minnows too at the moment. Bangladesh isn't the top 8 but they are not the "minnows".

They didn't lose bad to england...it was close...Lanka right now are performing like they can win the wc while the others weren't.

England is not that great a side.
Bangladesh is not consistent in it's efforts.The next games are pretty interesting as they can go any way.Bangladesh might even lose to Ireland.

LA ICE-E said:
If bangladesh are still "minnows" than may be you should count England and WI minnows too at the moment. Bangladesh isn't the top 8 but they are not the "minnows".

The reason England aren't minnows are:

a) Regardless of the 5-0 whitewash, they are a very good test team and you can't call a good test team 'minnows' in the ODI form as they have shown the quality of players they have, albeit in a different form of the game

b) If they play to their full capacity, they have the talent to defeat a team comfortably

Will_NA said:
The reason England aren't minnows are:

a) Regardless of the 5-0 whitewash, they are a very good test team and you can't call a good test team 'minnows' in the ODI form as they have shown the quality of players they have, albeit in a different form of the game

b) If they play to their full capacity, they have the talent to defeat a team comfortably

The main thing that England lack is genuine players.
By this I do not intend to say that they do not have great players.
They infact have ppl who can bat a bit,bowl a bit and field a bit.In short,they can do a little of this and a little of that.
They are no doubt missing Tres in this edition.Bowling has disappointed me yet again.They are without their fire-power.
I'd say with Harmisson,Tres and Hoggy,they would have made the semis[not ruling out their chances here,but very very bleak].

iceman_waugh said:
I'd say with Harmisson,Tres and Hoggy,they would have made the semis[not ruling out their chances here,but very very bleak].
With Harmison and Hoggard they wouldn't have made it in the Super 8s.

I believe Simon Jones would have done a good job with the new ball.

Well,I think Harmi did reasonably well on their last tour to England.
Thought they might have been a handful atleats for SA,Ban,Win and Ireland.
Could have given them a tough fight.

Users who are viewing this thread