The Worst Ever World Cup....

Sagacious said:
After that humiliating defeat against NZL, BD supporters burned his effigy. He just wanted to act smart, nothing else. Who cares?
OH just to get back at that, didn't indians burn effigies of the indian players, captain, coach....he still said stuff, or i guess they were just acting smart too, nothing else. Who cares?

Will_NA said:
The reason England aren't minnows are:

a) Regardless of the 5-0 whitewash, they are a very good test team and you can't call a good test team 'minnows' in the ODI form as they have shown the quality of players they have, albeit in a different form of the game

b) If they play to their full capacity, they have the talent to defeat a team comfortably
The reason Bangladesh are better than the "minnows" are they playing test cricket which the minnows aren't, two they have been beating the "minnows" comfortably and in their full capacity they too have the talent to defeat a team comfortable.

LA ICE-E said:
The reason Bangladesh are better than the "minnows" are they playing test cricket which the minnows aren't, two they have been beating the "minnows" comfortably and in their full capacity they too have the talent to defeat a team comfortable.

However, are they even worthy of Test Status? I mean, they never beat the top 8 test teams. It appears 5 days is too long for Bangladesh to compete.

iceman_waugh said:
England is not that great a side.
Bangladesh is not consistent in it's efforts.The next games are pretty interesting as they can go any way.Bangladesh might even lose to Ireland.
Bangladesh may not be consistent enough to make it the top 9 but they are good enough to not be call a "minnow". And Bangladesh may (even?) lose to Ireland, and so what? Ireland isn't a bad side. Ireland is a good side and it doesn't matter who wins that game to make a comment on either side. If say Ireland wins that match then you'll critics will say oh, so what Bangladesh isn't a good side anyway, and you guys won't give credit to Ireland. If Ireland loses than you critics will say see i told you ireland won't win any games and bla bla bla. It's like a lose lose situation with you critics...Both Ireland and Bangladesh justified their qualification to the super 8. To call Bangladesh a "minnow" is a mistake, just like calling Pakistan a minnow on the basis of losing to Ireland. No they aren't the "minnows". Bangladesh isn't part of the top 8/9 yet but they are not part of the "minnows" either. Ireland even though is an associate team is a good team and they too deserve to be there and people shouldn't take anything away from their achievement.

Will_NA said:
However, are they even worthy of Test Status? I mean, they never beat the top 8 test teams. It appears 5 days is too long for Bangladesh to compete.
How long did it take NZ to record it's 1st win in tests? 20 some years? And yes it's true that there's more games now than they had before, but the # of games doesn't really help all that much. Players get better with experience but it's not going to make them way better. You need time to get the new patch of more talented youngsters through from the system. And you can't get a good system without getting money which comes from playing tests. So yes they deserve to play tests.

I think this is te wrost world cup ever not because pakistan and india are out is because there are
no day/night matchs.
not many people come to see a dame match the studium is almost empty.
It rains alot
But I still Watch it.

I love it when its full house and the whole studium is full and there are people cheering
And in this world cup is like watching a county test match.

masterkhan06 said:
I think this is te wrost world cup ever not because pakistan and india are out is because there are
no day/night matchs.
It rains alot
But I still Watch it.

I love it when its full house and the whole studium is full and there are people cheering
Day/Night matches often create at advantage to the team batting first. I'd prefer to see none of them in the World Cup.

The absence of crowds isn't anything to do with the absence of Day/Night matches, there is a lot more to it than that.

There is, of course, no such thing as a county Test match.

andrew_nixon said:
Day/Night matches often create at advantage to the team batting first. I'd prefer to see none of them in the World Cup.

So do the day-matches,the team bowling first can extract moisture out of thew wicket.So maybe they can start matches at 11.30 am and continue till 7.30pm so everyone gets a sort of day-evening match !

Light will be the problem with that idea. There will be sunlight (I am assuming) at around 6:30-7:30pm but it won't be sufficient enough to enable the batsman to have proper sight of the ball. I don't mind day matches but as we saw in the last couple of matches at Grenada the ball swings heavily early but I guess that's the challenge that batsmans need to face since cricket is a more batting dominant game nowadays.

Personally I haven't paid a lot of attention to this WC. Obvious reason is that it is too long and also from the start of super 8 onwards there hasn't really been anything that has lit the tournament apart from the 4 wickets from 4 balls by Malinga and the Bangladesh upset over SA. Also the general hype here in Aus. is rather small. I remember the soccer WC where the whole nation were glued on to the TV's even at 2-3 in the morning watching the games and the coverage by nine is shocking, they did not broadcast a single group game and they have Healy and Taylor talking in the beginning who to me are the two worse commentators going around. At first there was significant interest since this was probably going to be the closest WC in a while but so far it appears to be Aus. then light years and then Sri lanka/NZ. Guess we will have to wait and see how Sri Lanka go against Aus. but still credit due to Aus. for bouncing back after a poor end to the home summer.

masterkhan06 said:
no day/night matchs.
It rains alot
But I still Watch it.

yeah those are the down side but that shouldn't make it the worst wc ever, the cricket on the field has been exciting.

andrew_nixon said:
i m disagree with this point i saw match nz vs sa there toss play very crucial role bcoz first 20 overs is unplayable and same with some of the other matches.

"I still believe we're not as bad as we played against Ireland," he said. "We've got a game left and we'll try to go up to the sixth or the seventh spot."

Says BD's beloved non-playing captain LOL :rolleyes:

How many of you believe that BD can beat WI?

Bangladesh is just an over-hyped team.
They should learn to be consistent.The Irish loss[full credit to ireland for beating them],shows that the 2 Bangla wins were mere flukes !
Seriously,you can't just stick to one stupid game-plan of playing 3 spinners on any wicket.

Users who are viewing this thread