Triangular Tournment : Ind VS SL VS Ban

ESPN360 would love to have more cricket and I'm sure the ratings on their online channel are very good (relatively speaking to other events on there). The reason they don't show more is that willow.tv owns the online rights to games involving the big 8 teams, so only games outside of that as well as tournaments like the asia cup/triangulars can be shown. The prices on that service are appalling and the quality is not that great (not bad just not as good as say espn360) - basically not too different from free streams except more reliable and fewer viruses. And legal tv is an absolute joke - it is literally impossible to watch all the matches, even for say, india, without having two separate dish services, since the rights are split between dish and directv. I have no idea what they could have possibly been thinking when they did this, not that I would pay the ridiculous prices anyway (like 50-100 a series or 300 for a year).

I pay the prices for the annual willow package, its about the same as HBO for a year.

I used willow.tv a few times back in college, in particular the India tour of Australia back in 2008. Wasn't impressed at all with the service--the only good thing was that they had a dependable stream.

I used willow.tv a few times back in college, in particular the India tour of Australia back in 2008. Wasn't impressed at all with the service--the only good thing was that they had a dependable stream.

Another great thing about willow is absolutly no commercials. I had bought the Zee sports channel but could not watch it because of the horribly loud commericals that come on after every over. With willow.tv its just a nice view of the stadium inbetween overs and at breaks.

Another great thing about willow is absolutly no commercials. I had bought the Zee sports channel but could not watch it because of the horribly loud commericals that come on after every over. With willow.tv its just a nice view of the stadium inbetween overs and at breaks.
Their wickets and replay features were nice, too, but they didn't work half the time and the UI was a nightmare. As for commercials, I wouldn't mind if they aired some to offer a better price point.

Their wickets and replay features were nice, too, but they didn't work half the time and the UI was a nightmare. As for commercials, I wouldn't mind if they aired some to offer a better price point.

That's true. Willow.tv costs far too much. Their stream quality is average for something that costs that much. If you're going to be charging that much then your video quality needs to be top-notch.

That's true. Willow.tv costs far too much. Their stream quality is average for something that costs that much. If you're going to be charging that much then your video quality needs to be top-notch.
Especially in the days of HD video. I paid $100 to watch 7 NBA teams this year with League Pass and I get everything in almost-HD quality.

Good to see a longer tri-series this time in Bangladesh, I think it makes more sense when all the three teams face each other twice before the final rather than just once.

ESPN360 going to show Bangladesh cricket for next 3 years :hpraise

Last edited:
That's ESPN360 not the ESPNSTAR channel. There was a time when ESPNSTAR used to cover all Bangladesh's home matches and now it's Nimbus who own the rights and they always have an excuse not to show any Bangladesh matches, IMO BCB are being fooled by the Nimbus because whenever there is a Bangladesh game going on, either there is an India match or Ranji match going on. I really don't know what sort of deal they have signed with the Nimbus.

That's ESPN360 not the ESPNSTAR channel. There was a time when ESPNSTAR used to cover all Bangladesh's home matches and now it's Nimbus who own the rights and they always have an excuse not to show any Bangladesh matches, IMO BCB are being fooled by the Nimbus because whenever there is a Bangladesh game going on, either there is an India match or Ranji match going on. I really don't know what sort of deal they have signed with the Nimbus.

NIMBUS show all of the Bangladesh matches actually. If there is an India game on, its telecast on NEO Sports and not NEO CRICKET. Check that the next time around.

That is why I got confused. ESPNSTAR used to hold Bangladesh rights for sometime.

NIMBUS show all of the Bangladesh matches actually. If there is an India game on, its telecast on NEO Sports and not NEO CRICKET. Check that the next time around.

That is why I got confused. ESPNSTAR used to hold Bangladesh rights for sometime.

Very recently when Bangladesh-Zimbabwe ODI series was going on, Neo cricket was showing India-Aus and Neo Sports was showing Ranji trophy match and even in the past when New Zealand toured Bangladesh in October 2008, none of those 2 channels showed the games live.

This makes me wonder what sort of contract have the BCB signed with the Nimbus or are they even aware that the games are not being shown the channels, who knows.

are you trying to get your posting avg back to 15 again?

(lol jk i know PC is acting weird, this happening to me too)

Users who are viewing this thread