Triangular Tournment : Ind VS SL VS Ban

look at some of the Indian comments here. if we add Bermuda, it will be just like WC07 ...

Wow Mendis has fallen quickly. Went to the moon and hes now well and truely back on earth. Malinga is the same. The SL lineup doesn't look great and will be relying on Sangakkara and Dilshan. Not much in the bowling.

shortened BD squad

Masrafe Bin Mortaza (C)
Shakib Al Hasan (vc)
Mohammad Ashraful
Abdur Razzak
Mushfiqur Rahim (wk)
Tamim Iqbal
Syed Rasel
Roqibul Hassan
Mahmud Ullah
Nazmul Hossain
Naeem Islam
Imrul Kayes
Rubel Hossain
Shahadat Hossain
Shahriar Nafees
Aftab Ahmed
Alok Kopali
Shafiul Islam

▲ thats a newbie. i think they found him from 1 of those talent hunt programs back in 06. (not from pacer hunt thing where they found Rubel Hossain). I didnt know anything about him, until now. He did well in domestic league. Then again, so did Dolar Mahmud. He got killed when he 1st came in. Then came back a year later, and where is he now? last time i saw him was when he threw 2 beamers in a row after dropping 2 catches in a row. so...

3 ICLers in the squad. Nafees never does well against good teams, even in domestic. Hopefully none of them makes the final 15

They need to price the TV rights for cricket in America accordingly. The main reason ESPN and the lot dont show it is because they are expected to pay the same amount for the rights as cricket playing nations. Its not financially viable for them to shell out all this cash only for 1-2 million (if that) to watch the game.
This is generally not true. The rights for the North American audience are sold separately and are usually picked up by Dish/DirecTV. These rights include online and television rights. I believe Willow is a subsidiary of DirecTV, but I'm not sure.

The rights for Bangladesh cricket haven't been picked up by broadcaster in the NA market--until now. As you may not be aware, Bangla cricket is broadcasted in the subcontinent by (I believe) Nimbus. It used to be broadcasted on Ten Sports (Taj TV). It's up to the home board to sell the broadcast rights. When it comes to bigwigs--the ICC, India, Australia, England, etc.--they make lucrative deals with the staple companies (Dish/Direct/Willow). I'm guessing the tri-series deal was a pretty cheap affair, which is why ESPN360 picked it up, possibly as a tester series into the US market, seeing that India is involved.

To further solidify my point, I believe ESPN360 has a Bangla cricket deal for an undisclosed number of years. If you go to the ESPN360 Cricket Channel you'll notice that replays of the Zim series are available. This is the first really "marketable" series that ESPN360 has, given that India is playing, which is why they're spending quite a bit on marketing it.

possibly as a tester series into the US market, seeing that India is involved.

To further solidify my point, I believe ESPN360 has a Bangla cricket deal for an undisclosed number of years. If you go to the ESPN360 Cricket Channel you'll notice that replays of the Zim series are available. This is the first really "marketable" series that ESPN360 has, given that India is playing, which is why they're spending quite a bit on marketing it.

or may be they made 3 years deal to broadcast all the "Bangla" home series, and has nothing to do with India being there? they were gona show this, even if it didnt involve India..

Jan 4-13, 2010 Tri-Series vs. India & Sri Lanka
Jan 17-28, 2010 vs. India
Feb 28-Mar 24, 2010 vs. England
Oct 2010 vs. New Zealand
Dec 2010-Jan 2011 vs. Zimbabwe
Apr-May 2011 vs. Australia
Oct 2011 vs. West Indies
Dec 2011 vs. Pakistan
Mar 2012 vs. Sri Lanka

http://www.multichannel.com/article/441459-ESPN360_com_Scores_Bangladesh_Cricket_Rights_Deal.php

So is this the end of Jayasuriya?

Maybe not! I think he still has WC 2011 in mind for a final hurrah. In Delhi (in the abandoned match), he played a very brave and superb innings. I think he is being rested for this 'not so popular' series.

Bangladesh Final 15: Shakib Al Hasan (c), Mushfiqur Rahim (vc/wk), Mohammad Ashraful, Abdur Razzak, Tamim Iqbal, Syed Rasel, Raqibul Hasan, Mahmudullah, Nazmul Hossain, Naeem Islam, Imrul Kayes, Rubel Hossain, Shafiul Islam, Shahriar Nafees, Aftab Ahmed.

Mashrafe Mortaza not picked for tri-series | Bangladesh Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

good thing that they kept Mashrafe out. i wanna see how Shakib does v the top teams

Mashrafe will be missing 17 ODIs in a row and 18 if Bangladesh reach the final in this series, now that's a lot of cricket.

Hopefully he will be back for the tests or if not at least for the England series.

Im backing the Bangla boys to upset Sri Lanka here. It will just depend on how well they bowl. Bangladesh easily has the talent to put 250+ against this pathetic club level Sri Lankan bowling attack, and they have the bowlers to try to defend it.

Bangla batsmen can fancy themselves against the Indian bowling attack too. Its the Indian batting that will make the difference in the end on the placid wickets of the subcontinent (Bangladesh).

Users who are viewing this thread