WC 2007 Final

I gave up on the game after the rain break. Jawayardene given out LBW by a ball missing leg by a mile in darkness under no lights not knowing what they were chasing or whether they could have indeed stayed off the field and come back the next day.

Farcical.

If they could come back the next day why was it reduced to 30-whatsit overs in the first place? Perhaps Jayawardene could have forfeited during the light break to save face, but it shouldn't have come to that. The Sirils had a fair shot at 140-odd for 3 but being forced to bat in poor light on a damp as anything pitch clearly didn't help. Add in a shocker of an LBW decision and the Sirils are done and dusted. Maybe, but we aren't sure because we don't know what they're chasing.

Last edited:
This Australian side are the new Invincibles like they were back in the day with Bradman. I do feel bad for Sri Lanka... they deserved better.

its a shame the way it finished,, sri lanka deserved better, but i think aus deserved it more anyway

Well a shame to end the tournament in such circumstances, what a ridiculous decision to take the bad light when they could have done so while they still had a chance, and then to try and continue the match for 3 overs the following day!

A shame for the locals and tournament organizers who obviously tried very hard to make the tournament a success but the ICC and weather and umpires just ruined it in the end. The match should have finished earlier but Aleem Dar is a complete tool for forcing it to finish like that.

Well at least the match was great to watch for most of it, a very exciting innings by Gilchrist and some good bowling, Sri Lanka's fielding was atrocious and Australia were quite lucky with some chances, and the weather of course, but the best team in the game and tournament certainly won today, so here it is:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1999, 2003, 2007 WORLD CHAMPIONS!! That will teach all you doubters and haters! Australia is THE BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD, by a country mile!

:happy Woohoo a great win for the best team in the world! I am so overjoyed! I litterally screamed with joy in front of my tv when each sri lanka wicket fell. 3 out of 3 for Australia!! Yay! Woohoo!! :happy

Anyways, Life goes on.
Countdown to CWC 2011-4 Years!! I can't wait!/sarcasm.

aus5892 said:
Well a shame to end the tournament in such circumstances, what a ridiculous decision to take the bad light when they could have done so while they still had a chance, and then to try and continue the match for 3 overs the following day!

A shame for the locals and tournament organizers who obviously tried very hard to make the tournament a success but the ICC and weather and umpires just ruined it in the end. The match should have finished earlier but Aleem Dar is a complete tool for forcing it to finish like that.

Well at least the match was great to watch for most of it, a very exciting innings by Gilchrist and some good bowling, Sri Lanka's fielding was atrocious and Australia were quite lucky with some chances, and the weather of course, but the best team in the game and tournament certainly won today, so here it is:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1999, 2003, 2007 WORLD CHAMPIONS!! That will teach all you doubters and haters! Australia is THE BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD, by a country mile!
Has the rubbing in your face started allready?
India's going to beat you in all the series this year anyways :p

What an absolute farce, I can't believe it.
At least the better team won it in the end, congrats aussies.

Cricketman93 said:
Anyways, Life goes on.
Countdown to CWC 2011-4 Years!! I can't wait!/sarcasm.

Has the rubbing in your face started allready?
India's going to beat you in all the series this year anyways :p
It sure has, for all the crap you guys gave us all tournament it's time to give it back, I'm gonna get such bad rep for this but I don't care, I stayed quiet over the tournament, but it's time to give it. You guys won't get near us, you couldn't even beat Bangladesh!

Yeah, its true.
Bangladesh are good on their days and that was proved when they beat world number one (heading in to the tourny) South Africa.
We havn't given you any "crap". We're just bored of seeing the Aussies win all the time.
You just wait and watch, Buck-O.

Well done Australia. A good win, too bad the match was delayed by 3 hrs which wasnt good for us Aussie viewers before the game actually got under way it was 2am nearly. But it was worth staying up for :p

I said as soon as New Zealand beat them 3 -0 that Australia would win the World Cup. Look it up if you don't believe me.

But I still don't rate Tait any higher.

Users who are viewing this thread