WC 2007 Final

WOOOOHOOOO, Aussies win! At least my second faves are victors. They really thrashed those sri lankans too. Major mismatch. Australia are in a league of their own. They woulda got close to 400 runs!!! Unbelievable in a final of the World Cup. Gilchrist amazing.

Sad to see McGrath go, what a legend. I will miss wathcing him so much. Amazing bowler. Really sad. Glad he went out with a win.

Just had to post this, such a great occasion. Time to party.

irottev said:
WOOOOHOOOO, Aussies win! At least my second faves are victors. They really thrashed those sri lankans too. Major mismatch. Australia are in a league of their own. They woulda got close to 400 runs!!! Unbelievable in a final of the World Cup. Gilchrist amazing.

Sad to see McGrath go, what a legend. I will miss wathcing him so much. Amazing bowler. Really sad. Glad he went out with a win.

Just had to post this, such a great occasion. Time to party.

I believe it is Australia's closest match in the tournament.

Well played Gilly. It was amazing to watch him hitting Sixes. The way they played the first 10 overs showed that it well planned strategy to be calm till settling down and go after once you got used to it. Gilly stole the show.. Amazing! I can't belive that next to Gilly, HS was 38 by Hayden.

And Lanka, the bowelrs did not get any help. Vaas and Murali who were the main trump cards, ended with wicketless... When Sanath & Sangakkara were batting, i believed they got the chance to win but all credits to bad lights. The way, Sanath got out tells that. It went too too low.

Anyways, i still feel, 50 Overs should have been much more interesting to watch. I really pity Lankans becos,

In 2003 WC semis : Lankans lost to Aus by D/L method.
In 2007 WC Finals : Lankans lost to Aus by D/L method.

This is very unlucky... Atleast, it wasn't a one sided game like last three finals :p Once again congrads for the hattrick ;)

Too good...i'd like to thank NZ and England for giving us a kick up the backside we needed earlier in the year. Hopefully we can nab the rugby one later in the year too!

surendar said:
Well played Gilly. It was amazing to watch him hitting Sixes. The way they played the first 10 overs showed that it well planned strategy to be calm till settling down and go after once you got used to it. Gilly stole the show.. Amazing! I can't belive that next to Gilly, HS was 38 by Hayden.

And Lanka, the bowelrs did not get any help. Vaas and Murali who were the main trump cards, ended with wicketless... When Sanath & Sangakkara were batting, i believed they got the chance to win but all credits to bad lights. The way, Sanath got out tells that. It went too too low.

Anyways, i still feel, 50 Overs should have been much more interesting to watch. I really pity Lankans becos,

This is very unlucky... Atleast, it wasn't a one sided game like last three finals :p Once again congrads for the hattrick ;)

Pay back for 1996 feels very nice, very nice indeed surendar ;)

Ranatunga was saying yesterday that Murali can still play for 8-10 years :p

Last edited:
You read that sentence alright, but you somehow missed the one right after it.

Well that final was an absolute farce. I don't know what Aleem Dar was doing saying that they could have come back tomorrow, as they'd got the 20 overs in that are needed for a result. Someone needs to carry the can for this World Cup, and I fear that it'll be Aleem Dar's spot on the elite panel that will go, as the ICC brass won't resign themselves, which is a shame as Aleem Dar is one of the best umpires around.

Not to take away from Australia's achievement though. They were by far the best team in the tournament, and Gilchrist's innings in the final is one of the best I've ever seen. Congratulations to them all.

Ponting_14 said:
Whoooaoooooo!!!!

Come on baby!!!!

World Champions!!!!!!!! AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! Back-to-back-to-back!!! ;)

What is that like 28 world cup wins in a row haha?

WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

Haha suck on it all you haters!!! What's that I hear? WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
More than 28 mate :D.

manee said:
I believe it is Australia's closest match in the tournament.
I'd agree, and yet it was still a thrashing.

aus5892 said:
More than 28 mate :D.

I'd agree, and yet it was still a thrashing.

Yea , it was 29 consecutive victories for us :happy

surendar said:

It wasn't really on D/L Method, you only lost two overs through that method (compared with our innings). And I wouldn't really call it close either, Sri Lanka were never near the required run rate.

Not one team tested the aussies in the world cup. This shows how superior they are in World Crcket.

i would just say this...
bad luck and a bad day for the Sri lankans....

luck just wasnt favouring them right from the 1st ball...
i really think SL deserved to win the finals...

anyhow....finally, an end to the most boring world cup ever. !!

They wern't good enough. Even with all the luck in the world. Australia deserved it 100%.

Users who are viewing this thread