WC 2007 Final

Really disappointing end to a disappointing World Cup. Well done Aus but why on earth couldn't they have just come back and played 50 overs tomorrow instead of the complete mess we got?

barmyarmy said:
Really disappointing end to a disappointing World Cup. Well done Aus but why on earth couldn't they have just come back and played 50 overs tomorrow instead of the complete mess we got?
Yeah true, it was dissapointing seeing nearly 20 overs missed from both Innings, but coming back tomorrow couldnt work. U cant really ask the fans to come back, who all have paid money for their tickets and have packed lunches and everything for the big day and yet they find out they need to come back tomorrow and do it all again. Plus the groundsmen would have done a mornings work for basically nothing. All the officals would of had the hard job getting everything ready when they basically shouldn't have. I rekon they did the right thing playing it with 38 overs, but i would of hoped the rain stayed away and we had a full Day's play

Roofrom50 said:
Well done Australia. A good win, too bad the match was delayed by 3 hrs which wasnt good for us Aussie viewers before the game actually got under way it was 2am nearly. But it was worth staying up for :p

Don't know what you are complaining about over here it starts usually at 1am, today it started at 4am. I fell asleep anyway and woke up when Australia was facing it's first ball. What timing!

For those who haven't seen how dark it was, attached is a picture.

Attachments

• Dark Cricket.jpg
    Dark Cricket.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 101
aussie1st said:
Don't know what you are complaining about over here it starts usually at 1am, today it started at 4am. I fell asleep anyway and woke up when Australia was facing it's first ball. What timing!
I aint complaining. Like i said, it was worth staying up for. Although i did fall asleep in the 3 hrs it was delayed :p

Should thank god for putting an end to this World Cup! Deserving winners Australia were, but its irritating to see not a single team stand up to Australia and grab that bl**dy trophy from them. Third time in a row? The last time we saw a different team win a World Cup was 11 years back and by the time 2011 comes, it will be a gap of 15 years!

Oh! Anyways, Australia need the congragulations for having in place a fantastic system that keeps on giving them players who can help them keep winning World Cups. All that Ponting does turns into gold and this has been occuring for the past frw years!

Back to some different cricket now!

barmyarmy said:
That wouldn't have been very fair to the fans, who had come to the ground expecting a game of cricket, same for all their sponsors and media partners etc. It owuld have been fine if the ground had floodlights I expect.

aus5892 said:
That wouldn't have been very fair to the fans, who had come to the ground expecting a game of cricket, same for all their sponsors and media partners etc. It owuld have been fine if the ground had floodlights I expect.

Make it a 2 day game then. Seems stupid to turn a world cup designed to find the best 50 over team in the world and then pick them on the basis of a 36 over match or whatever arbitrary number they come up with.

All they needed to do was put floodlights on their main venue (hosting the final) and we could have played for another 3-4 hours which would have meant a 50 over game.

It was really a dark day for Sri Lankans. I was watching the match with a real fright. About 1.30 in the morning when sanga and sanath batting, heavey battle occured between Terrorist Aircraft and Armed Forces at near by airfield. I was really frightened. It was like fireworks show. The battles continued till 4.30, time when the match finished. They spolit the fun of the final.:mad

Frozzy said:
Make it a 2 day game then. Seems stupid to turn a world cup designed to find the best 50 over team in the world and then pick them on the basis of a 36 over match or whatever arbitrary number they come up with.
It's an ODI World Cup, not a 50 Over World Cup. ODI stands for One Day International, so it should be played over one day if possible. It is just easier. I would have much preferred a full 50 over match, but it just wasn't possible.

Thurya said:
It was really a dark day for Sri Lankans. I was watching the match with a real fright. About 1.30 in the morning when sanga and sanath batting, heavey battle occured between Terrorist Aircraft and Armed Forces at near by airfield. I was really frightened. It was like fireworks show. The battles continued till 4.30, time when the match finished. They spolit the fun of the final.:mad

I hope everybody is allright there in Sri Lanka. I don't understand why they are fighting on a day like this. Although I don't understand why they fight at all.

During the match I read also, about the fighting.

Sri Lanka rebels in new air raid
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/6604645.stm

ZexyZahid said:
I hope everybody is allright there in Sri Lanka. I don't understand why they are fighting on a day like this. Although I don't understand why they fight at all.

During the match I read also, about the fighting.

Sri Lanka rebels in new air raid
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/6604645.stm
Terrorist don't care about anything. They were waiting for this day because they knew all people will focus on the match so they can reach their targets without much attention. The whole Colombo City was frightened because power was cut-off to avoid targeting important places. Luckily there was no damage done to the civilians. But all are very upset about things happened last night.

Anyway
Congratulations Australia!!!:clap
They thoroughly deserve this victory. The show their true colours in every department. Sri Lanka deserve what they got because their strenght was bowling and they failed in that department yesterday. I can't blame much on batsmen.

Last edited:
Whoooaoooooo!!!!

Come on baby!!!!

World Champions!!!!!!!! AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! Back-to-back-to-back!!! ;)

What is that like 28 world cup wins in a row haha?

WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

Haha suck on it all you haters!!! What's that I hear? WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Well, congrats to Australia for remaining un beaten in World Cups since 1999 where they lost to Pakistan. Australia showing their true colours beat Pakistan in the 1999 final, India in the 2003 final and avenged 1996 by beating Sri Lanka 11 years later in 2007.

They have the complete team and that is why they won. They were a team who were mostly in their prime (which in my opinion is what you should field if you want to win the cup) and they were good enough to overcome Sri Lanka.

saisrini80 said:
Should thank god for putting an end to this World Cup! Deserving winners Australia were, but its irritating to see not a single team stand up to Australia and grab that bl**dy trophy from them. Third time in a row? The last time we saw a different team win a World Cup was 11 years back and by the time 2011 comes, it will be a gap of 15 years!

Oh! Anyways, Australia need the congragulations for having in place a fantastic system that keeps on giving them players who can help them keep winning World Cups. All that Ponting does turns into gold and this has been occuring for the past frw years!

Back to some different cricket now!

The one question is, can they do the quintuple and win the Twenty20 World Cup to add to the Champions Trophy, Ashes, Super Series and World Cup.

Users who are viewing this thread