West Indies in England

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think Trescothick is fine to play against West Indies as he admits that he has no problem playing at home. It's the away tours that cause him problems. However, he did say that he doesn't want to play for England until he is absolutely sure that he can tour again.

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
Here's my ideal teamsheet for the First Test v West Indies:

1. Cook
2. Strauss
3. Vaughan
4. Pietersen
5. Bell
6. Flintoff
7. Wicketkeeper??? James Foster perhaps.
8. Harmison
9. Panesar
10. Jones/Mahmood (depending on how much Simon has bowled)
11. Hoggard

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I wouldn't play Mahmood if we have Harmison (and Jones is out) in the squad to be honest. I'd rather have Anderson or Plunkett if Steve is playing.

PhilD123

International Coach
Yep, Harmy and Mahmood could be a recipe for disaster. Both fantastic on their day but if they both go wrong we'd be in deep trouble.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
evertonfan said:
Their bowling has progressively gotten worse as well.
Indeed it has. Is there not a spark of you that supports the West Indies. They are everyone's second team:)

Trescothick said:
'I think it is a build up of different things in my life...things which have built up...since my younger days of life

Stress of international game and interviews and pressure. It comes to a point where I cannot concentrate on my cricket.

I knew it was the right move [to go home].

Leave it as it is, play the pre season with Somerset, and see how it is'

Source: Interview on BBC News24.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
manee said:
Indeed it has. Is there not a spark of you that supports the West Indies. They are everyone's second team:)

I haven't got a problem with the West Indies, they just need to sort themselves out.

PhilD123

International Coach
andrew_nixon said:
Those of you moaning about having two Twenty20s, it's because India don't want to play one when they tour.
Yeah its because at the time of scheduling the tour they weren't really into Twenty20's. However, that policy changed later when they scheduled the tour to South Africa.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
andrew_nixon said:
Those of you moaning about having two Twenty20s, it's because India don't want to play one when they tour.

We're not moaning, just stating that one twenty20 is ideal.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah I personally don't care how many Twenty20's we have because they are pointless at International level. They are no doubt fun to watch, but they just don't mean anything. I'm more worried about the players' fitness in tight schedules like this one. They play enough cricket and they don't really need to be swamped with 20 over matches.

Sureshot

Executive member
It's going to be an interesting test series.

Who will be the keeper? Well, you all know who I want (Actually Prior or Davies would suit me),

Tres? Too early imo. Cook and Strauss to open.

Simon Jones? Well he need to prove himself, he's got maybe 3/4 games before the first test, not enough is it?

Harmison? Depends how he goes with Durham, personally I'd go with..

Cook
Strauss
Vaughan (C)
KP
Bell
Flintoff
Prior
Mahmood/Plunkett
Panesar
Anderson
Hoggard

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
this looks like a great series on paper, Lara vs KP :cheers , thats a great matchup. England have a great adventage with Monty because Windies really dont have a good spinner.

for me the windies squad would look somthing like this

Test:

Gayle
Shiv Chaderpual
Lara
Sarwan
Samuels
Bravo/Dwayne Smith/Devon Smith- depending on the pitch conditions
Ramdin(wk)
Mohammed
Taylor
Powell
Collymore

I would also sub Mohammed with one of the Smiths or Pollard if he gets selected to the tour. Dont know who the captain would be Gayle or Sarwan would be my choices.

ODI:

Gayle
Chanderpaul
Sarwan
Samuels
Bravo
Smith(s)
Ramdin
Bradshaw
Taylor
Powell
Mohammed