West Indies in England

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I reckon were going to have a decent English summer :) We usually do ok against the Windies at home, and away for that matter.

My team would consist of;

Strauss
Trescothick/Cook (unfair to dismiss Cook he hasnt done anything wrong)
Bell
Vaughan
KP
Colly
Flintoff
Foster/Gojo/Read/Nixon (Not decided who yet :p)
Harmison/Jones
Hoggy/Anderson
Panesar

The squad is quite decent looking down it, but i reckon if Vaughan isnt pulling his wiegh give Cook a go, if Flintoff isnt doing it id like to see either Bopara (or Ian Blackwell) be given ago, but the latter seems a bit distant now :(

Mona brothers

School Boy Cricketers
The result will be
Westindies 0 vs England 4(Test series)
Westindies 1 vs England 2(ODI's)
Westindies 0 vs England 2(Twenty 20)

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
evertonfan said:
I'm interested in how our bowlers will line up; Do we give Harmison his place back or do we let Mahmood or Anderson take over?

I'm not so sure about playing Harmison but with what we've got (Anderson and Mahmood) we've got no other option. All I know is he was bowling quite well in the nets yesterday :p

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Charles Coville was hinting heavily at Nixon playing in the West Indies one day AND test series yesterday after the Ireland Vs Australia match.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
manee said:
Charles Coville was hinting heavily at Nixon playing in the West Indies one day AND test series yesterday after the Ireland Vs Australia match.

And Charles Colville picks the teams does he?

manee

Chairman of Selectors
No (well, yes, but thats another story;)), but as a journalist and main presenter on the channel which have rights to English cricket, he must gain some access to information.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
You should never read much into what a presenter or journalist says. Remember the Adelaide Test last year? Int he build up everyone was talking as if Panesar was playing and even the Sky presenters showed the team with him in. What happened? Giles played.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Yes, but that was the biggest injustice on cricket history and can you blame him for thinking that Fletcher would pick the person he called 'The best finger-spinner' for a different one?

Sureshot

Executive member
Tbh, I'm warming more towards Nixon being our keeper for the summer, he's done well so far. Tests is a completely different arena but his good performances stand him in good stead.

No one knows though, probably not even Fletch (If he is in charge).

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
It wouldn't be the end of the world if Nixon was Test keeper because he no doubt deserves a place, I just think we should look for a long term keeper instead of a stop gap one.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
My team:

Trescothick/ Cook - Cook doesn't deserve to lose his place a great partnership will be re-united

Strauss
Bell
Pietersen
Vaughan (c)
Flintoff
Foster (wk)
Harmison
Jones
Hoggard
Panesar

JamesyJames3

International Coach
I am hoping English selectoras finally get it right and don't pick Michael Vaughan! However, I won't hold my breath! :(

Users who are viewing this thread