What do u think about India`s chances in the upcoming season

aditya123 said:
ganguly has ben a little slow but remember that he is a playr with 21 ODI 100s and maximum no of sixes by an indian player in ODI`s an right up there with top six hitters in ODI cricket . He is one of the cleanest hitters of spin bowling .
Sachin - He can play the way he wants , slam bang one day and steady the other . He scored 600+ runs in the world cup not so long ago at a gr8 pace too .
Dravid has a 21 ball 50 against NZ .
So do u still think they r not matchwinners ?
With the ball we have bowlers who can be potential matchwinners ,
Z.Khan - verages around 25 with the ball in ODIs
I.Pathan - A star in the making
H.Singh - Should b picked head of Kumble in ODIs
The fourth and 5th bowler`s slot is a problem Iam worried of ,
It could be Kumble on spin friendly or sluggish tracks ,
We have seamers waiting in th bench like Balaji, the ever unpredictable Agarkar and the erratic Nehra who can demolish batting lineups on his day
The biggest problem will be to select a quickie from those three bcoz neithr of those 3 are consistent , either have a prob with injuries or can cost u plenty on some days
sehwag and sachin can bowl 10 overs to fill up th 5th bowlers spot

I think that we have a decent ODI lineup and sometimes it is very surprising to see our team fare better in Tests than in ODIs bcoz most of our btsman are attacking batsman and are better suited for ODI cricket
In fact we were playing gr8 ODI crickt till the Pak tour last year an even gave australia a run for their money in the vb series except for the finals
I think that the bad time we had till the end of the last year was just an off season and we will certainly perform better this year and win a few tournaments
I did say Dravid was reliable....and i also mentioned that we need not a matchwinner but someone with that little magical spark who can turn a game around from nowhere- Like Afridi belting 30 odd of 10 balls or Flintoff to take 3 wickets in 3 balls. We have a great team but are missing someone like that.

Users who are viewing this thread