Your best or most stupid dismissals?

Dunno about best or most stupid dismissal, but I bowled a ball that the purists would describe as a poor delivery...but it took a wicket.
Medium pacer....ball to rhb...ball clearly pitching about a foot outside leg stump and swinging down legside further. Batsman kind of warps to legside to play the ball, (should heave just left it and took the wide extras) plays shot...ball appears to come off thigh guard and rolls onto leg stump. Not quite as beautiful as a sublimely crafted out swinger on off stump that takes the edge to keeper or slip....but it's a wicket in the scorebook all the same.

Still haven't made 100 in any mode of this game. Got to 95 in a 50 over match during my 2nd season of career mode before having a moment of Klusener99-esque panic and running myself out when the ball was hit straight to mid-on. :facepalm

Best: I was bowling and the batsman knicked it to 1st slip, who took it one handed in the dive. Just looked brilliant. Must also be noted it started my first hat-trick.

Worst: I keep playing the ball onto my pads and then it rolls onto my wickets.
Its usually because i am playing the wrong shot, therefore its a pain.

Worst: I keep playing the ball onto my pads and then it rolls onto my wickets.
Its usually because i am playing the wrong shot, therefore its a pain.

I get that a few times as a bowler, think its funny.

Oddest wicket that i've seen, cant really say i took it as I was bowling...Ball gets hit to the fence, and the batsmen go to run 1 but change their mind. Ball comes to me at the bowlers end and i "run" the batsman out, but he's not gone for a run...he's gone back to where he would be if he was backing up for the next ball to be bowled. I've automatically appealed - not my choice, goes to the 3rd Umpire and it's out.

Wish i could upload it, but playing it on my xbox

After being destroyed in the first innings in a county championship game on career, we faced almost certain defeat when I arrived at the crease 29-4, still behind by 209 runs. I batted almost all of the 4th day and was on 97 with the field scrambled and Yorkshire on 252-8 (14 runs ahead) when Luke Wright came onto bowl his first over of the day..

Defended the first few balls and thought I'd pick up a single to deep mid off (he was bowling around the wicket) and leave Patterson to have 1 ball. Unfortunately I was bowled round my legs as the ball brushed leg stump and I was dismissed, 3 runs short of my maiden hundred

I recently got bowled through my chest, that was pretty funny.

Bowled through the bat was a little less funny, though.

my best dismissal was bowling a full pitch short ball that went through the batsmen's legs and hitting the wicket
worst dismissal getting bowled or lbw

From the non strikers end I saw my batting partner guide a cut shot to the outside hand of first slip. As the ball touched his hand the keeper barrels into him with his super dive. Then then both roll over top of the ball which is left on the ground. After all this first slip picks up the ball and throws it in the air in celebration and the wicket is given

I'm confused, does this kind of delivery even exist?

I got bowled off a short-pitched full ball, so yeah I guess it does.

The ball when released from the bowlers hand was yellow, I missed it (largely because I was playing as if it was a fuller delivery) and got bowled. Big Pitch showed the wicket taking ball to be on the bowler's side of the 6 metres line ...

So I'd guess a full-pitched short ball is one that chose "short" on the delivery selection, but full pitched on the meter?

The ball when released from the bowlers hand was yellow, I missed it (largely because I was playing as if it was a fuller delivery) and got bowled.

Yellow is full. Red is short.

There's no such thing as a short pitched full ball, It's either short or its full.

Yellow is full. Red is short.

There's no such thing as a short pitched full ball, It's either short or its full.

No mate I have bowled such a delivery...I don't use any assists for bowling or batting except the PIP for running...But I selected full length and bowled late and it landed as short length delivery...I don't know how it shows in the ball length assist but it can happen....:)

I'm on 98, on the brink of making my first century as a 16 year old boy. It's a 50 over game, and I had been plucking off runs from the leg spinner. No threat - I continue my tactic of reverse sweeping in to an open off side.

Except I don't, because I miss it and get trapped plumb in front. I reviewed in desperation but there was no chance.

Gutted.

No mate I have bowled such a delivery...I don't use any assists for bowling or batting except the PIP for running...But I selected full length and bowled late and it landed as short length delivery...I don't know how it shows in the ball length assist but it can happen....:)

I've never had the AI run up and bowl a red coloured delivery only for it to land on my toes.

I'm not denying that it cannot happen when YOU'RE bowling but when the AI is bowling to you then i'm not so sure as I've never experienced it myself.

I've never had the AI run up and bowl a red coloured delivery only for it to land on my toes.

I'm not denying that it cannot happen when YOU'RE bowling but when the AI is bowling to you then i'm not so sure as I've never experienced it myself.

That I cannot tell as I dont use assists..Just watch the ball and hit kind of a player...

Users who are viewing this thread