Your Cricket Your fastest delivery

im 16 and bowl about mid 60's but ive a back problems at the minute witch could disrupt the start of my season.

a lad at my club who is the same age as me was clocked at 78mph last season. he plays for yorkshire youth team and north of england aswell....one for the future maybe ( him not me ) :p

I am 15 and i can bowl 70 mph because i was browling at my bro and I hit his wickets and it want flying.

Just because you sent the stumps flying doesn't immediately make you a 70mph bowler.

masterkhan06 said:
I am 15 and i can bowl 70 mph because i was browling at my bro and I hit his wickets and it want flying.
Haven't you already said that before several times, or was that the fantasy about being Akhtar which to be honest, it wouldn't be good to be him anyway! :p

Exactly my friend was bowling at spring stumps and he bowls around 30mph and he knocked leg and off stump off the base :p!

evertonfan said:
Just because you sent the stumps flying doesn't immediately make you a 70mph bowler.

Didn't you hear? That's how it's measured nowadays. I put a dent in my dad's car so I can bowl 65 mph. :rolleyes:

I smashed the door off! So i must be Shoaib Akhtar

I almost killed a man with my slower ball. I must be 90+

But in all seriousness, I am 17 and only play cricket occasionaly, I used to play much more so I'm guessing I am around a solid 60.

How tall? Do you get pace off the pitch??

I'm 16 and bowl medium pace with a little swing and having faced the bowling machine quite a bit I reckon I'm about 55-58mph. Height-wise I'm about 5'7 but I get every 8th ball or so to come back in off the pitch. I'm usually accurate and bowl a pretty good yorker but I play against adults all the time so I tend to get hit about by the good batsmen. I tend to get medium batsmen out quite a bit and my economy is pretty good too. I'm not much of a batsman though (avg vs adults 0.75 :p). My bowling avg vs adults last season was 11.5, which isn't bad I guess.

I'm 16 too and I was bowling around 65-70 mph, until a back injury forced me to change my action. I think I'm now back on the 60 mph. mark or even slower:(
I'm bowling now like Jimmy Anderson, so very side on, and I think it looks pretty cool:p Only the speed has to go upwards, that's the problem.
Anyways, I'm having my frist outside net-session tonight, so I see how it goes with swing and speed.

I'm around 128k mark...Thats good enough,coz i can extract a lot of bounce from the wicket due to my height !

Users who are viewing this thread