Zimbabwe tour of New Zealand Jan-Feb 2011/12

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
This tour has got to be one of the biggest demolitions ever. New Zealand vs New Zealand A would be much better preparation for South Africa.

I'm going to say it how it is; Zimbabwe have been utter crap. They've dropped close to 10 catches in the last two ODIs. Yes they're not use to the conditions, but fielding has nothing to do with that.

Bracewell's looked world class this innings. He's bowling everything 140+ km/h, and he's just consistently finding the perfect line and length.

ferg512

International Coach
I thought that was the end of the tour, had no idea there is 2 t20s. What a complete waste of time, our guys are better off going back and playing domestic, heck even club cricket they would get more out of it.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
From what I saw Brian Vitori thoroughly deserved his 1/105 off 9 overs. Just awful bowling at the end there, serving up juicy full tosses on a ground with short square boundaries.

Was watching for Taibu's stumping of Guptill and thought it was brilliant. For those who didn't see: It was a leg side wide, and Taibu looked like he didn't have the ball and Guptill went to take off for the run. But Taibu had trapped the ball between his body with his elbow (surely not purposefully...) and as soon as Guptill moved he retrieved it and stumped the big fella. Guptill was so surprised he basically did the splits trying to get back :D I reckon more keepers could try that on a wide, turn around to the boundary and pretend you're watching the ball run away, but then turn around and whip off the bails. Dunno if that's 'cricket' or not, but it would be entertaining :yes

jacobfelix

International Coach
I dont know why this gap between the 2 T20's. They could have finished the second one tomorrow itself. The next one is on Feb 14. :D Poor Players. They have to finish the game and then rush with their girlfriends for the Valentines Day celebration. :D

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
It was good to see a few of the Zimbabwean players finally showing some fight. Hopefully we bat first in the second T20I so we can give 200 a real go.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Zimbabwe showing some ticker in the final match of the tour. Masakadza just brought up a 26 ball 50, fastest ever for Zimbabwe in T20's. 1/86 off 8 overs so far, no bowler has been spared.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Zimbabwe in the Test: 20/194 off 77.2
Zimbabwe in the T20 : 2/200 off 20

Maybe Ireland and Kenya were on to something with their reckless batting in the 4-day game.

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
That said, great to see Zimbabwe post a great total and doing well no matter what happens from here.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Finally we're going to see a competitive match. I've never realised that the Seddon Park boundaries are so small, on average they're pretty much just the same size as the Eden Park ones.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Has Meth been used much? These guys are sweating like crazy.

----------

Holy ???? what a throw by none other than Meth. Franklin run out Meth :lol

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Damn this is when we need a second de grandhomme. Zims in the box seat here

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
fearsome tweak me, what a disappointing end. Would've been good to see the Zimmers go home with something to talk about. That's why I like a T20 or two at the end of a series, so the losing team can go crazy without much care.

Users who are viewing this thread