Sehwag
Sachin
Gambhir
Raina
Dhoni
Badrinath
Kohli
Bowlers

Obviously the middle order can be shifted around to please everyone. Simple, Yuvraj is the the big pink elephant in the room that no one seems to notice (until now hopefully)

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Yuvraj will go.An Indian news channel reported that Yuvraj and Dhoni arent on talking terms.
Anyways,he is a liability.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well if you guys think Yuvi was gonna fire in Sri Lanka then you are not following Indian cricket. :rolleyes:

Also SL got tossed up by worst ODI side India can put up. :p

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Are you joking? We have an excellent team, finally finding a perfect balance of the 'flairs' and level headed cricketers.

playkid12

Club Captain

I hardly think that this was the worst ODI side that India could put up. The bowling was great, and the fielding was much better than normal. Surely, it wasnt the best we can put up - I'd trade Praveen for Ishant, and throw in Sehwag and Tendulkar, and we'd have a very scary looking team.

The worst ODI side India can put up would have Dravid, Ganguly, and Laxman.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Well if you guys think Yuvi was gonna fire in Sri Lanka then you are not following Indian cricket. :rolleyes:

Worst? No way. This in fact is looking like an ideal combination for the ODI's. Of course, Sehwag is missed because of the starts that he can give to the team (he also has a psychological effect on Gambhir in that he is not the same without Sehwag around). Sachin - well he did well in the CB series final, but these youngsters like Raina, Dhoni, etc have been doing equally well with the bat (Dhoni has become so much reliable now).

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Atleast 4 liabilities easily,.

But hey enjoy victory. Last time we won in Sl I was not even born.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I hardly think that this was the worst ODI side that India could put up. The bowling was great, and the fielding was much better than normal. Surely, it wasnt the best we can put up - I'd trade Praveen for Ishant, and throw in Sehwag and Tendulkar, and we'd have a very scary looking team.

The worst ODI side India can put up would have Dravid, Ganguly, and Laxman.

I agree. Bring back Ishant, Sehwag and Tendulkar (who can play the games that he wants to) and we have a very scary team that can consistently do well in the ODI's. Have Sreesanth and Irfan as backup for the bowling department. We need to find a consistent second spinner for the ODI's. If its Ojha, we need to give him more chances. Or we need to bring back Piyush or Amit Mishra. According to me, the future of Indian ODI cricket looks so rosy.

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

Atleast 4 liabilities easily,.

But hey enjoy victory. Last time we won in Sl I was not even born.

Can you name the liabilities?

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

His fielding is pants as well.

His fielding has become so substandard after that knee injury. He is so much conscious of that knee and it hampers his fielding greatly. He used to be India's best fielder. Right now, he is nowhere there (he can be called a good fielder who can show glimpses of his best once in a while).

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I think this bowling combination is perfect. Munaf is finding his zones and Zaheer is just magical. Praveen is our best bowler on unresponsive pitches, he always gets it in the right areas and such.

Ishant might have found the wrong time to get a butt injury.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Stop fighting with me. I am thinking of good for you people. :D

Biggest liability though (He equals 5 himself alone)

munafpatel3.jpg

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
If Yuvraj is injured,he must go.No point playing with an injury.By the next ODI series,we shall have a new vice-captain,probably Gambhir.[or any bowler].

As for Munaf,he is a permanent liability.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Nice win for India. Always expected them to win in the one dayers and they haven't let me down.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Yuvi has gained 5 kilos. I guess finally a girl has come between Yuvi and Mahi.

Users who are viewing this thread