South Africa tour of New Zealand, Feb-March 2011/12

What? lol. I think he was having a go at NZ losing to a good yet under under-strength South Africa.

Sorry, just read this now. I honestly wasn't having a go at anyone, was being sincere. I enjoy playing sport (rugby or cricket) against NZ. With Super 15 under way and Tri-Nations coming I would have to be mad to mock anyone from NZ!

New Zealanders are excellent Sportsmen. When they annihilate you on the rugby field they say "Well done". The NZ commentators are always complimentary to the losing team, there is no "well, the Aussies do this and that, so you should be doing the same thing", even in games that they are hopelessly losing. My least favourite Australian comment is "Go you good thing". When we won the cup in 2007 I remember the Australian commentators saying how absolutely crap we were. We won the World Cup for Christ's sake, and they still had nothing remotely complimentary to say about the opposition. It's quite funny about Australians, even when you are clearly way better than them they still try and tell you that you SHOULD be playing like they do! Wind your necks in! NZ is great!

Temper dissipated, views aired! I'm sure I've annoyed one or two of you! Well done to BC's for an excellent first day! The test series is definitely interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
heh they might want to consider that case. the umpire has totally screwed up that delivery - he missed a no ball and a very plumb lbw - but nz lose a review.

----------

wait, maybe they didn't lose one. getting conflicting reports.

Nope, they don't lose a review if it's a no-ball.

The right outcome was reached, but how did he give the LBW not out?

ferg512: I can't resist one more. Sorry man, your icon depicts the second most arrogant overrated idiot in the world. What an A'Hole. Only surpassed by Stuart Broad who is seriously overrated, worth nothing, and a finger flicking idiot who is laughed at every time he does it. I'm getting into this honey! You can start in on me now.

Yes. Because in two years against Australia, India, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. Averaging 31 with the bat and 25 with the ball in tests is seriously poor :facepalm

I didn't include his limited overs numbers, since they've always been pretty good.

Last edited:
How long will Philander keep up-staging Steyn? Smith is without a doubt the luckiest captain in world cricket atm.

Disgraceful stuff from Taylor and McCullum, there was an opportunity there for us to get a decent lead while they were batting and now we'll be lucky to get 200. Can we please ban Oram from the commentary box hes been awful, his excuse for Taylors shot was that the ball was there to be hit :facepalm

How good is it to see a black cap batsman actually concentrating and applying himself like van Wyk is.

What is happening in NZC :eek: NZ is a bigger mystery than Indian cricket.

Probably the familiar choke syndrome is hitting SA :thumbs:thumbs or NZ is playing real good cricket :spy

Brilliant day of test cricket. Disappointed that no real partnership was formed and no one went on to 3 figures on what seemed to be a fairly dead pitch, but entertaining stuff. I'm so sunburnt from sitting in one spot all day I look like I have a disease.

Chris Martin facing the first ball tomorrow! :D

If watching the legend won't bring crowds, then I give up.

this is turnin out to be a very good test match

dissapointed amla couldnt carry on to get a big one in da first inn:(....hope he does in da 2nd inn:)

So did that double Martin's run tally for his career then? New high score surely?

Users who are viewing this thread