South Africa tour of New Zealand, Feb-March 2011/12

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Just saw Tim Southee's stats. He averages 42 with a strike rate of 74. I reckon my stats compare favourably to his! :p

nelson111

School Cricketer
Hmmm...Reading this thread one would assume there are a lot of people who are rooting for these countries

This is an obscure site for SA, not many of us follow it. We are extremely passionate about Cricket and Rugby, but we don't say much. Google "Supersport South Africa" for more.

Well done to BCs for yesterday, and well done to SA for today. Good game all round!

----------

Yes. Because in two years against Australia, India, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. Averaging 31 with the bat and 25 with the ball in tests is seriously poor :facepalm

I didn't include his limited overs numbers, since they've always been pretty good.

Not sure what your point is? His figures are reasonable (not great), but do not detract from the fact that he's an arrogant prick! Less finger shaking would give him more energy to take wickets.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Well New Zealand just lost the advantage unless they can cause havoc early in session

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
Not sure what your point is? His figures are reasonable (not great), but do not detract from the fact that he's an arrogant prick! Less finger shaking would give him more energy to take wickets.

maybe the young brett lee would be like that but ever since his return he has really become a good mannered fast bowler which you wouldn't find many of these days.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Can we please ban Oram from the commentary box hes been awful, his excuse for Taylors shot was that the ball was there to be hit :facepalm

Tbh I haven't really minded Oram that much. Barry Richards has been the worst commentator that I've ever heard, I've had to mute the TV a few times when he's come on.

Hopefully they drop Tim Sothee, he's been atrocious this test match.

teamindia

Club Cricketer
Tbh I haven't really minded Oram that much. Barry Richards has been the worst commentator that I've ever heard, I've had to mute the TV a few times when he's come on.

Hopefully they drop Tim Sothee, he's been atrocious this test match.

Send him to Asia cup. Sachin is looking for a century :lol

So would Williamson and Van Wyk be able to bat for a couple of sessions ??

teamindia

Club Cricketer
New Zealand have pulled a surprise here ..137/2

By all accounts it is going to be washed out :facepalm

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
McCullum's test form has been excellent since he was promoted to open, so I hope he can convert this start into a big century.

Owzat

International Coach
Just saw Tim Southee's stats. He averages 42 with a strike rate of 74. I reckon my stats compare favourably to his! :p

It is pretty awful

vs AUS : 16 wkts @ 41.63
vs ENG : 5 wkts @ 39.60
vs IND : 6 wkts @ 62.67
vs PAK : 9 wkts @ 41.00
vs SAF : 0/98

vs BAN : 4 wkts @ 25.75
vs ZIM : 2 wkts @ 14.00

vs AUS/ENG/IND/PAK/SAF : 36 wkts @ 47.42
vs BAN/ZIM : 6 wkts @ 21.83

He is only 23, but has played quite a few Tests and ODIs (55) already

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
I'm pretty sure he's picked as a batsman. With an average of 21, he's one of the best in the country.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
southee is weird though, because he was one of the best u19 bowlers in the world, he was also one of the stand out quick bowlers at the world cup and the second highest wicket-taker.

so I'm not sure what the problem is, because sometimes he's world class but a lot of the time he's very disappointing. there is talent there.

teamindia

Club Cricketer
From cricinfo

10.09am New Zealand Herald cricket writer Dylan Cleaver asks in frustration on Twitter: "In the entire history of Dunedin, has there ever been five fine days in a row?" Any locals willing to dampen (sorry, bad pun!) the pessimism?

Why on earth would they conduct a match if it is a known fact wasting everyones time :facepalm:facepalm

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
Guess SA will have to wait for their tour against us in the mid year to try and take the no.1 spot.

teamindia

Club Cricketer
Guess SA will have to wait for their tour against us in the mid year to try and take the no.1 spot.

You forgot about the England tour to SL. I think if they lose 2-0 and SA win the remaining 2 tests they will be no. 1 :thumbs

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
England now are officially the new holders of the Test Trophy Maze!

numberone.png

Users who are viewing this thread