Patch General discussion

So I thought I'd give DBC another chance today having not played it since the first couple of days I got it. I was pleased to see that a patch had been put in place. Cool I thought, Ill continue with career mode.

I'm in the T20 stage of my English summer. Playing as Hampshire. It is worth pointing out that I am a bowler because that's what I do, I bowl. I like to bat but bowling is my preference. I noticed when I started (I don't open the bowling in T20 Michael Carberry does) there where 6 slips, a short leg, mid off and a short fine leg. Haha I thought. What a stupid field setting for T20. It's ok though at least the stupid AI might get some runs before I bowl.

So I come on to bowl the 5th over. Middlesex are 50 odd for none. The field is still the same so I go to change it and low and behold I can't preset the fields. I can scroll through pace, spin, aggressive, yada, yada but no fielding positions are available. I have to manually move everyone into position. For every new batsman. I took me more time to do this than to complete the game.

Middlesex 90 all out btw.

As per my 'this game is rubbish' post, the bowling in career mode is poor. Although I think the controls are great, the AI seriously lets it down. Having a look around on this forum today there seems to me plenty else wrong with the game too. I mean what did the patch fix? First viewings it looks like it's made it worse.

I guess I'm going to have to start career mode again as a batter and to see if the save game pre patch is the cause of the errors.

Still disappointed with this game however.

As has been said before, Carberry opening the bowling for you is 100% your fault for giving him too good attributes or not restarting your career. Fielders are slown down a lot resulting in many less ridiculous fielding attempts as well.

Despite the slight problem with AI fields though I seriously doubt they had 6 slips in place....

You can also create your own fields from the academy solving another of your 'problems' with the game.

Last edited:
It would appear that people expressing their view automatically gets attacked by mods and special helpers here. From what I am reading he's post was short and straight to the point.

YES this game is good, YES there are patches which are fixing it.

BUT YES this game is freaking buggy as shit at the same time, anyone who denies this has deluded. Also it would appear that if anyone points out any glitches the so called special helpers get all defensive about it. People paid freaking 40+ dollars, pounds etc for this. We have the right say if we think its shit.

Not everyone has the patience to read through the forum to find a fault when you've paid good money for it and when things go bad it can be frustrating! and when frustrated the first thing you want to do is let the developers know its buggy.

Last edited:
It would appear that people expressing their view automatically gets attacked by mods and special helpers here. From what I am reading he's post was short and straight to the point.

BUT YES this game is freaking buggy as shit at the same time, anyone who denies this has deluded. Also it would appear that if anyone points out any glitches the so called special helpers get all defensive about it. People paid freaking 40+ dollars, pounds etc for this. We have the right say if we think its shit.

Not everyone has the patience to read through the forum to find a fault when you've paid good money for it and when things go bad it can be frustrating! and when frustrated the first thing you want to do is let the developers know its buggy.

I think the first paragraph is slightly out of context. This is the same person who opened a thread claiming he was selling the game because it was so bad and now hasn't. He also refuses to report any bugs or suggest any improvements on the forum despite continuous complaints. Half of his complaints also are his own fault/error and not infact a bug. If someone came out with legitimate reason and was even just slightly constructive over it I'm sure no one would 'attack' them. There's no denying there's problems with the game, but showing in them in the ways I've mentioned in no way helps the game and its developers at all, and just shows a completely uninformed view.

I think the first paragraph is slightly out of context. This is the same person who opened a thread claiming he was selling the game because it was so bad and now hasn't. He also refuses to report any bugs or suggest any improvements on the forum despite continuous complaints. Half of his complaints also are his own fault/error and not infact a bug. If someone came out with legitimate reason and was even just slightly constructive over it I'm sure no one would 'attack' them. There's no denying there's problems with the game, but showing in them in the ways I've mentioned in no way helps the game and its developers at all, and just shows a completely uninformed view.

I agree with what you are saying. I think we all need "constructive criticism" to help us all improve, be it a gamer or a developer. Sometimes you need nut cases to give their opinions. Maybe he is just young and hot headed doesnt know how to properly vent he's frustration through the correct manner or channel.

Anywayz, I hope we can all work together to better the game and the forum.

Hmm, I don't think it's "buggy as shit". There are some bugs (that I've also noted but are being fixed) but my experience isn't ruined by them. I paid 40 pounds+ for this and believe that it's great. Sorry if you think I'm deluded if you don't agree.

However, if I joined this forum and wanted to report a bug or comment (as many have done) I wouldn't want to read through all these pages after the game is released. It takes me a good half hour to catch up after 12 hours, and I think non regular members can be excused, unless they are asking about PC specifications, controllers for PC etc.

Last edited:
Hmm, I don't think it's "buggy as shit". There are some bugs but my experience isn't ruined by them. I paid 40 pounds+ for this and believe that it's great.

However, if I joined this forum and wanted to report a bug or comment (as many have done) I wouldn't want to read through all these pages after the game is released. It takes me a good half hour to catch up after 12 hours, and I think non regular members can be excused, unless they are asking about PC specifications, controllers for PC etc.

My experience is definately ruined by the bugs. The constant embarassing hit the stumps by the wicket keeper even though the batsmen is in and stand there, is one thing that irritates me. They have got rid of the laser arm throw run outs, but now instead they throw to each other and ultimately to wicket keeper who is "bail wipping happy" lol.

I do like this game, but what I think is a major bug may not be a major bug to you. My criteria for being "bugg as shit"may merely be of no merit to yours.

:0)

Are you sure you're a lady? You don't speak like one.

Are you sure you're a lady? You don't speak like one.

First laugh of the day goes to Zombie, sorry Biggs.;)

----------

Are you sure you are an zombie?

I am typing not speaking.

I understand your point but this Rollo man just goes by it the wrong way. I never thought this game was going to be perfect and most of us agree that Bigant did miss way to many bugs but they will fix most of them soon.

Rollepollo man just need to report more problems as we all have and see if his reports are fixed in patch 2.

----------

Are you sure you are an zombie?

I am typing not speaking.

God is Zombie a zombie what a question, god yes as he spends all his sleeping time on here and the game, wait maybe i am too.

PS What's next, Biggs is not funny no way.:eek:

My word, do you do anything but attack other posters on here?

If people have genuine concerns they have ever right to voice them snowny. Considering this kind patch would for many development studios be made to be backward compatible (I am in no way saying that Big Ant have done a poor job here, simply pointing out how most would do it) with previous saves, it's not unreasonable, let alone childish, that most people would need to be informed that it wasn't.

Big Ant have done brilliantly so far, but please don't simply attack others for what are fairly normal assumptions in the modern market. Believe it or not there are things that could have been done better, but ultimately that is what patches are for.

The save files are backward compatible in that you can use them as they were, you don't have to start the career again.

The backward compatibility as implemented in patch#1 was a design choice, it's how the career mode works, you take a snapshot of the teams at the time it is started and go from there. There may have been complaints from those a fair way into their career that they would not want it to change mid way through if we had simply updated all of the career saves.

Last edited:
I agree with what you are saying. I think we all need "constructive criticism" to help us all improve, be it a gamer or a developer. Sometimes you need nut cases to give their opinions. Maybe he is just young and hot headed doesnt know how to properly vent he's frustration through the correct manner or channel.

Anywayz, I hope we can all work together to better the game and the forum.

Big Ant have consistently encouraged constructive criticism and asked people not to be emotive in their language when they report issues. I come from a background where I believe it's important to hear the extreme views at both ends of the spectrum but also to challenge them when they are making assertions that are flat out wrong.

I have to manually move everyone into position. For every new batsman. I took me more time to do this than to complete the game.

This is the saddest attempt at a complaint I have ever seen. It's a cricket game! If you don't want to play a cricket paced game don't play a cricket game!

I don't think that's fair. Snowy is very helpful to masses of members; he is also skilled at challenging opinions that could be construed as ill-informed. ;)
Personally I prefer members not to ridicule or be ridiculed by anyone but if that's the price of the excellent help he gives then I'm okay with paying it occasionally.

Then how have I not been banned yet?

Last edited:
This is the saddest attempt at a complaint I have ever seen. It's a cricket game! If you don't want to play a cricket paced game don't play a cricket game!

Come on. The field placement tools are not good.

The in game one works a lot better than the academy one but then has no option to save the fields you make. And since it automatically changes with batters and bowlers it can get frustrating.
Combined with the fact that there are 100 fields with virtually no good ones and you have a frustrating element to the game that should not be like that.

Theres no way that the devs made it that way so that it would be more like cricket, and using that as an excuse is absurd.

The OP is mental and he writes a lot of stupid stuff but if you want to try and contradict him you will have to do a lot better than that.

Theres no way that the devs made it that way so that it would be more like cricket, and using that as an excuse is absurd.

It's not an excuse, it's a fact that cricket is a slow game and if you don't like that don't buy a cricket game.

The OP is mental and he writes a lot of stupid stuff but if you want to try and contradict him you will have to do a lot better than that.

If a person is wrong or establishes a poor argument for an opinion that I don't agree with with I will argue with them no matter who they are, and you do not need to try and take on the role of the hero that brings everyone together, it will not work.

It's not an excuse, it's a fact that cricket is a slow game and if you don't like that don't buy a cricket game.

If a person is wrong or establishes a poor argument for an opinion that I don't agree with with I will argue with them no matter who they are, and you do not need to try and take on the role of the hero that brings everyone together, it will not work.

You need to argue with yourself then.

Users who are viewing this thread