Australia tour of India (Feb '17/Mar '17)

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Big statement buddy. I'll hold on to that.

I know a few people will. But I've waited 20 years to make such a statement. I was 10 when the the trips to Australia sponsored by Ansette were whitewashed and India were properly bullied by the likes of McGrath who made whitewash claims and often achieved it. Had a hard time hearing no end of the Aussies. Time to give some back. :cheers

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I know a few people will. But I've waited 20 years to make such a statement. I was 10 when the the trips to Australia sponsored by Ansette were whitewashed and India were properly bullied by the likes of McGrath who made whitewash claims and often achieved it. Had a hard time hearing no end of the Aussies. Time to give some back. :cheers
2013? Did you forget the epic revenge?

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
2013? Did you forget the epic revenge?
Iconic. Debutants had beaten the mighty Aussies. Shikhar Dhawan (who is now the king of single digits) had smashed his debut ton. And Pujara had scored a mighty double ton.

Hope we can replicate the same this time around.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Iconic. Debutants had beaten the mighty Aussies. Shikhar Dhawan (who is now the king of single digits) had smashed his debut ton. And Pujara had scored a mighty double ton.

Hope we can replicate the same this time around.
Also, that bowling by Ash!

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
When it's done, I want to brag about it!

4-0 seems too far fetched in my opinion. But if you feel so strongly about it, so be it. I'm expecting it to be 2-1 in favor of India.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
4-0 seems too far fetched in my opinion. But if you feel so strongly about it, so be it. I'm expecting it to be 2-1 in favor of India.
Australia got whitewashed 3-0 by Sri Lanka, who are arguably a worse team than Bangladesh now.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Australia got whitewashed 3-0 by Sri Lanka ....

Which could prove to be a blessing in disguise. They might not repeat the same mistakes. Also, I don't think the pitches will be the same as they encountered in SL.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Which could prove to be a blessing in disguise. They might not repeat the same mistakes. Also, I don't think the pitches will be the same as they encountered in SL.
Did they learn from the previous two drubbings in Asia?

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3

The people who made the mistake aren't on the plane from Australia. Just watch Jadeja and Ashwin have Smith and Warner for breakfast and lunch. I think Lyon will be good. I think Warner and Smith will also perform. The rest of it though.. :lol:lol

May be Shastri can tell Chappell that if they keep losing like this we will have to stop calling them! :D

B

Bigby Wolf

The people who made the mistake aren't on the plane from Australia. Just watch Jadeja and Ashwin have Smith and Warner for breakfast and lunch. I think Lyon will be good. I think Warner and Smith will also perform. The rest of it though.. :lol:lol

May be Shastri can tell Chappell that if they keep losing like this we will have to stop calling them! :D
I m also expecting a 4 nil drubbing.
For the couple of days in the first or even the second match the contest will definitely be there but as the tour progresses the wheel will come off.

Also Chappell is the worst commentator i have ever seen he will say some bizzare thing on air like Commenting from which village Rabada is (Rabada actually bought up in city).

Saroj padhy

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Australia got whitewashed 3-0 by Sri Lanka, who are arguably a worse team than Bangladesh now.
So what we call Pakistan after the recent series.? Worse than Nepal? Every team has their ups and downs.
We learn from our mistakes, and improve.
So as everyone do.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
So what we call Pakistan after the recent series.? Worse than Nepal? Every team has their ups and downs.
We learn from our mistakes, and improve.
So as everyone do.
4-0 in India in 2013. 2-0 in the UAE against Pakistan in 2014. 3-0 in Sri Lanka in 2016. When did they improve? Australia never had an "up" in Asia after 2011. Only "downs".

Saroj padhy

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
4-0 in India in 2013. 2-0 in the UAE against Pakistan in 2014. 3-0 in Sri Lanka in 2016. When did they improve? Australia never had an "up" in Asia after 2011. Only "downs".
So what? If this generation won't, the next generation will. That's not the end of the world.
But they are really trying hard to play on conditions like this.
And I am sure all Australian true fans will get a lot more positivity from this tour.. Go Aussie. Whitewash India.

Users who are viewing this thread