Australia tour of India (Feb '17/Mar '17)

We will most likely get trashed again! But I hope the team proves me wrong :)

Of course you don't care, because you know you're gonna get trashed.

Warner averages 24 in India and 27 in SL.

Patience is required on Asian Pitches which Warner lacks but trust me he is a good player of SPIN :)

It's not relevant playing in India. The real tests are when we play in and at home to England, South Africa and New Zealand. We will get 4 dustbowls and get blown away by a guy with 181 out of 248 wickets at home, big deal.

Warner averages 24 in India and 27 in SL.
Thats a typical Australian attitude. Dont care playing anyone except Ashes. I never support England but just because of this attitude I so tweaking wish Australia are white washed in the Ashes.[DOUBLEPOST=1483930060][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's not relevant playing in India. The real tests are when we play in and at home to England, South Africa and New Zealand. We will get 4 dustbowls and get blown away by a guy with 181 out of 248 wickets at home, big deal.
Similar to 248 runs scored at 7.somthing run rate. Its test cricket not T20

Way to accept defeat. Bravo !

If you had watched the England series, it would show that the pitches favoured spin but not raging turners by any means. Similar to how England pitches favour pace. The pitches in that series was good. Blaming pitch for the loss which has not yet occurred is pathetic sign of a loser.

When the fox cannot reach the grapes he says they are not ripe.
In simple words, when you can't win call it irrelevant
Brilliant
The fox said the grapes were sour.

It just isn't relevant playing in India. It was only a decade ago we actually won a series over there too ;)

@IndieGameDev Whitewash Australia in Australia (Not Possible)

TBH most Aussie fans would rather win the Ashes than a WC but saying it's not relevant to play in India is wrong :)

Ok, we get it, but why?

I think a lot of cricket media and fans in England and Australia seem to think that runs scored/wickets taken in Asian conditions are`nt as valued as those outside. A player could average 50 playing on roads in Adelaide/SCG/MCG (and fare poorly in Asia) and yet be considered a great but if the runs were scored in Dubai/SSC/Bangalore, he would be labeled a flat-track bully. If it were the other way round, the batsman would be called incomplete and not great enough. For some reason, test cricket played in Asia is not considered to be the 'true' form of the sport. It is like tennis fans saying all the clay court wins don`t matter as much as those on grass and hence Nadal is`nt a great.

If Ashwin/any other spinner taking 6-7 wickets in India and not performing in Aus/Eng/SA is considered to be not a good spinner, then I challenge any other bowler to come to India and take 7w haul bowling seam.

@Bluebagger still waiting for your explanation to why touring the subcontient isn't relevant. If you have one, that is.

Users who are viewing this thread