West Indies in England

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
They clearly aren't average in this format of the game. We are the average team who are being outclassed by the better cricketers.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Compared to the best they are average imo we're just poo, really really poo

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
If colly gets us home i will post a picture of me wearing a Liverpool shirt :p thats how unlikely i think it is

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
His done it before against Australia numerous times.

My god, Broad got taken to the cleaners.

Is Mascarenhas ever gonna take a wicket?

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
A good partnership of Shah and Collingwood going with Shah getting a fifty. 148 runs needed from 20 overs now. They will need some hitting if they want to reach that target.

And just as I wrote that, Shah is out.

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
Windies are going alright. Considering they aren't playing a guy who took a hattrick against Australia not so long ago & a guy who destroyed England in the 2nd Test & has a FC average of 20. Also without their captain & Brian Lara. :)

Windies have a good look about them when at full strength. This would be around about my starting XI fo them.

Gayle
Bravo
Sarwan (c)
Chanderpaul
Samuels
Morton
Ramdin (wk)
Sammy
Taylor
Powell
Edwards

Boundaries are so small, they've been brought in about 20 metres away from the fench. It's ridicious.

I don't mind Cook, his looked in good touch during the ODI's. He looks like he'll get a score in the future, I'd give him a few more shots in the next series. Prior doesn't convince me as much though.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Bat Prior at 7 and Tres at 2 for me, then drop Mascarenhas until Freds back.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
even with wkts in hand..who in Englands team is gonna hit that many boundaries? (other than KP)
If you're only 3 down at the 40th over, you don't have to ask one batsman to do all the hitting. You might need a batsman to make a big score, but it doesn't have to be heavy handed.

At that point, the batsmen will be more relaxed and more confident, supported by runs and with the field pushed well back, players get away with a lot more false shots than in a Powerplay. Some players can struggle trying to both occupy the crease and score reasonably quickly, but when all they need to do is hit 4 or 5 boundaries each, the pressure is out the window.

In the context of this match, the West Indies still had good wickets left when they finished. Ramdin is a useful hitter, as is Smith, who faced only one ball. If England had gotten the wickets they needed, they still might not have been able to limit the scoring because the Windies had carried out their plan so well. Nevertheless, the onus was on England to break the Windies plan, but in their turn to bat it seems like they have no plan of their own at all.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
England are seven down and this match is over. This will be probably Mascarenhas' last match.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
The England cricket team are depressing. Mascharenhas hasn't done anything in this series, i guess thats why Shane Warnes not choosing the team. If Tres is watching this he can't still say he's not ready for selection, we need a saviour! What has Edwars got against Broad! Broad won them the game ffs, oh well if he carrys on bowling bouncers we'll win through wides.

Eddie

International Cricketer
match was over when KP was out..

When he fails England loose, take his runs out the world cup, and we'd have lost every game by 100 runs
too many player no contributing

PhilD123

International Coach
match was over when KP was out..

When he fails England loose, take his runs out the world cup, and we'd have lost every game by 100 runs
too many player no contributing
To be honest, we were losing even with his runs! And to counter that, we won the CB Series without Pietersen. His was a pretty poor shot to play 2nd ball up today. He'll return to form soon I'm sure, I know he got 68 at OT but really he hasn't clicked since Headingley.

Users who are viewing this thread