19 Feb - India vs Bangladesh

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Yeah the Indian members are the disciples of Sehwag :lol No other player in the Indian team were thinking of revenge except Sehwag and he put this revenge thing on Indian people's minds. Must have been really tough for him when he got bowled by a ripper from Mashrafe in 2007.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
disappointing they never made 300 but by no means a disaster.

the shoot outs are india's game, bangladesh are going to win games by constricting teams not by out hitting them. BNG put india in, india responded, what can you do? I don't think they bowled particularly poorly, except shafiul perhaps, though they blinked at the beginning and perhaps that cost them that early wicket indian nerves could have accounted for.

their only problem is they do seem to have difficult slogging runs at the end. 300 should have been easy on that pitch with 6 wickets and 10 overs, just batter a few boundaries, but none of them managed it.

It's something that in someways could be commendable but it will cost them, they've never been very good at t20 either, which is odd because the shorter format should even the odds a bit, it widens them in their case.

I don't know how you rate the wicket though, it's odd that even BNG made 280 on it, I would have thought their groundsmen would have prepared wickets where 250 was par, as that suits their game.

Last edited:

1iram1

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
^ Yeah, they need a few sloggers in the middle-lower order like Pakistan have Afridi and Razzaq, India have Yusuf and even Dhoni and Harbhajan to some extent.

Naeem Islam is aggressive but he isn't reliable. Mashrafe would have been ideal but then again in the last few months he has been focusing on bowling.

Ian Pont only works with the pacers and I thought that they would bowl well in this match. He also classifies Bangladesh spinners as 'the best in the world' but I wouldn't think so.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
He's not arrogant. He's honest.

to be honest, I think giving bangladesh the credit to call it a revenge match is being the opposite of arrogant.

you don't worry about getting revenge on nobodies, you want revenge on your rivals. Saying that he considers bangladesh a rival that he wants revenge on is giving them respect.

it's revenge that motivate every ashes series. the india v australian series. the south africa v australia series.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Get over the Bangladesh loss Khalek.. If he thinks he will say you cannot stop a persons thinking or saying

Good win for India a smashing victorybut I am happy for tigers as they fought bravely Keep up your spirit And you will definitely defeat West Indies & England as they will struggle against spin and you can hit their bowlers too out of ground on these ground and conditions

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
To be fair, I don't think Sreesanth bowled that bad. I reckon about 20 of the runs he conceded came off edges. He actually looked dangerous and was swinging it more than anyone else.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
"Everyone played well except the Sreesanth"

What a legend. Just says what everyone else is thinking without a care in the world for any sort of diplomacy. I even forgot his century after that interview. Just too funny.

P

pcfan123

lol at "the" Sreesanth.

love how Sehwag does not partake in social graces oh yea and the 170 odd score was cool as well.

It's going to be a WC of big totals and big chases, like someone else has already said, might as well use bowling machines or just play tee ball

ferg512

International Coach
I guess thats what everyone wants to see these days but I guess I'm one of the few that would rather see a low scoring match.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Sehwag doesn't care. He'll comment on whatever he wants. He generally speaks the truth. Yes, he might have something against BNG after the 2007 loss,probably cause of the way the BNG players[Habibul and Mashrafe] reacted after that match.

He also doesn't spare anyone as you would have seen in his post match presentation comment on Sreesanth.

@Stinky
The rivals logic does not fit in here. Ideally, we were beaten by a minnow team last time round and the repercussions of the same were enormous. The Indians and Paki players know better than anyone else. Calling your team our rivals is a bit too far-fetched.Again, i shall point out Sehwag's quality of being quite outspoken which is pretty good for the game.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Yeah the Indian members are the disciples of Sehwag :lol No other player in the Indian team were thinking of revenge except Sehwag and he put this revenge thing on Indian people's minds. Must have been really tough for him when he got bowled by a ripper from Mashrafe in 2007.

If you need sugar coated stuff from the opposition, YOU AIN'T GETTING IT! Thank you for calling us disciples of Sehwag! Feel so happy about it. BD are over hyped after a few upset wins against top nations. They beat WI and NZ when both these teams are at their absolute weakest. They can compete in ODI's (in tests, dont even think about it) but to consistently beat top nations, NOT YET!

Yes REVENGE IS TAKEN!!! :yes

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Sadly Bangladesh committed suicide at the toss, their best chance was always to get the runs on the board. The dew factor isn't big enough to cover a 370 run chase. Just a shame they didn't bat as we might have seen a tighter game.

Params7

International Cricketer
If Sehwag was serious about Sreesanth comment, that's kind of pathetic of him. Being honest and speaking your mind about your opponents is one thing, embarrassing and criticizing your own teammate in front of the world in the most prestigious tournament is another. In a team you're supposed to support those who are having a bad day not rub salt in their wounds.

But he was probably just pulling Sree's leg there.

STLIndian

Club Cricketer
He's not arrogant. He's honest.

May be Sehwag is honest but he's got no ethics.

Well, I never said he had ethics. ;)

----------

And once again, I'll never understand why people complain about flat pitches when it comes to ODIs or T20s. No matter how flat the pitch, the gap between the best bowlers and the mediocre ones will still be the same as with green pitches. And the better bowling teams will still have an advantage over lesser bowling teams.

Flat pitches are bad in Tests, because they increase the amount of draws, but in ODIs and T20s, it's nto a big factor.

Kabooka

International Cricketer
WTF Sehwag what has he got against Bangladesh? He acts as if some Bangladeshi player called his mother ammi after beating them in 2007. Come on dude get over it, Bangladesh are minnows and you being part of a top team should be able to thrash them in every game. Well played, good luck for the next games and you don't need to worry about who competes or not with you. That is way too arrogant. I have never heard any other player in the world make such comments about a team after beating them be it a revenge match.

^ Yeah, and some PC members are trying to act like Sehwag. Those arrogant fools.

Bangladesh had a victory by fluke in 2007. since then we have met 7 times and we have beaten you comprehensively 7 times. all in all we have met 23 times and we have won 21 times. yet some you either have the audacity (or are stupid enough) to call themselves contenders for the cup and say that bigger teams fear them. we got a thread here just dedicated to that. i mean it is just as crazy as ireland claiming that they are the new masters of the subcontinent after beating pakistan. the way you guys keep on ranting about that how tamim hit zaheer all over in 2007 and how masrafe bowled out sehwag......now remember how the delhi boys took BD to the cleaners in 2011.

Users who are viewing this thread