1st Test: England v Australia

ROFL. Enjoy that Howsie!

Broad's bowled alright this morning I think, had a few off deliveries, 1 in his 1st over, the 2 wide bouncers in his 2nd, but since then he's just looked to hit a line and length. Just wish he'd pitch it up a little more. May get abit more movement if he was to pitch it up. To be fair to him though, there's not been any seam movement on show, and considering Broad's not a swing bowler, it'd be harsh to criticise him for getting no movement off the seam.

Flintstones theme now :D

Last edited:
Eughh, this game is pretty much over. It's ment to rain today which pretty much stops England having any chance of pulling of an upset. Australia only has a small lead so they would have to score pretty fast to get anything out of this game.

I'd disagree with this assessment. Rain is Englands best hope of salvaging a draw only, that is unless the rain makes the walkway to the Oz dressing rooms so slippery that all they fall and hurt themselves and have to forfiet. Australia will continue to bat them out of the game looking to set them as many runs to get as reasonable. I wouldn't be surprised if they intend batting until tea at least. They have no intention of giving England any chance at all. Remember, while this is a teat it is also a part of a series and they want to win the series. A draw and thorougly demoralised pommie team is almost as good as a win.

Given that I would still put a few schekels on Australia to win.

I fail to see why we've persisted with bowling Broad for so long he's bowled the most in this innings and he's been poor overall. Why haven't either Monty and Swann bowled the most, they've not bowled very well either but at least they've kept the run rate down a bit more.

Broad really has let himself down in this test.

The thing that worries me about the rest of the series is that bar Hussey, we've allowed all the Aussie batsmen to get some decent runs under their belt so that they're settled for the rest of the series now. I was pessimistic before this Test about our Ashes chances and now i'm even worse. I just can't see us bowling this side out twice ever; especially with Stuart Broad bowling like this.

I say we call up Dominic Cork and Darren Gough.

Broad's improved as the Test has gone on I think. Bowled pretty well this morning I thought bar the 2 head high wides and his first ball. Hit his line and length consistently at a decent pace. Just the rest of the Test he's been shite.

Bring back Harmison, Hoggard, Jones, Flintoff and Giles.

Australia want to leave Cardiff having shown england that even with their attempts to subvert tradition and setup home team friendly pitches.

I'm sorry but that's crap. England are the only country in the world who consistently produce home pitches that suit the opposition and not them. The only people this pitch suits are the ones running Glamorgan Cricket Club.

Does anyone else find it annoying that they keep showing videos of the Ashes from 2005? It was along time ago now.

Especially the one with Brett Lee holing out to Giles on the boundary because when Hoggard begins to run in theres a left hander facing then when he reaches the crease everythings turned around and Lee is stood there.

Users who are viewing this thread