1st Test: England v Australia

Why dont England Women plays in England Team?

Shut up.

I agree Themer, the constant ramming of 2005 down our throats is starting to get very annoying. We know, we won in 2005, it was a fantastic series, but stop harping on about it ffs. So bored of seeing the same old clips over and over again. Talk about 06/07 for a change ffs.

Swanny's bowling properly this morning, looking his usual self. Bit of drift, some real turn, nice to see. Actually looking like taking wickets now.

Watch England bottle this when we bat, we will make Hauritz look like Warne. Another first test down the pan for England.

Australia going to get to 400 you reckon King Cricket? Could do with some more wisdom!

I just made a prediction and it went wrong. It can happen anyday.

Anyway, back to the match. I want Marcus North to make a century today. He deserves it. And who knew Broad would be this expensive? If a main strike bowler of the team is bowling like that, then I can guess the team morale. Now the lead is 100+. Wow! So quickly!

BTW, don't you think that Sidebottom deserved a place in the team instead of two spinners? He wouldn't have been any worse.

Last edited:
Watch England bottle this when we bat, we will make Hauritz look like Warne. Another first test down the pan for England.

Do you think conditions have deteriorated to that extent? I don't think this is the sort of surface where a team can be run through in a day and a bit.

Question for the English fans, do you think Monty is worth another game? In my brief exposure to both of them, they seem fairly defensive in their line and flight, and not likely to be consistent wicket-taking threats.

Swann probably gets a pass due to his batting ability, but given Anderson's inability to threaten when it's not hooping about, and Broad being fairly underwhelming, you think you will need the strike power of a Harmison, or can all these failings be put down to a fairly benign surface?

When would Aus declare? Will 150 run lead be enough? Because it is predicted that it will rain today,so they have less time to bowl at Eng...

I think Australia will continue till they're 200 infront put England completely out of the game or whenever they get bowled out which I don't see happening.

Honestly doesn't feel as special since it's the 3rd century in a matter of days. But gutsy effort.

I read on another forum that England are supposedly wasting time to reduce the damage. After watching nearly an hour of play, this is noticeable. Pretty unethical if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread