1st Test: England v Australia

Oohhhh. Did Hussain just badmouth Gayle, he sounds pretty angry lol

To be honest, even if we lose the rest of play today, there is a lot of time left tomorrow. 8 wickets in 98 overs is not a lot to get in that time. You have to say we're looking down the barrel.

Tea, England 2/20, B. Doctrove 1/0 :P

Nah, unfortunate for England with that decision, but hey, I'm not complaining. :cool:

King Pietersen said:
Women putting in a good performance as well.......
Haha, Lisa Sthalekar has bowled four maidens in a row, not bad figures, 4-4-0-0.

Absolute slaughter really.

Bit of bad luck with Ravi's dismissal, but you make your own luck in these situations. England have gone about this match in a pretty disgraceful fashion.

The barrels cocked and in the mouth. I'm disappointed.

Well Australia have really played well, England will have to target a draw and maybe try hold out for as long as they can. Australia will struggle later when the ball gets older because their isn't anyone who could really take charge with spin and that may be he best chance for England. Bowling wise, England have being disappointing to say the least and it looks like their are a lot of Aussie batsman gaining form.

England may want to get out and do a rain dance tomorrow morning.

England will be saved by the rain and if not will play for a draw. Moral victory for Australia

OKI'm forgetting about this game, frankly Australia are better and we are bull plop.

I propose a couple of changes.

Monty out, harmy, in.

And, as much as it pains me to say it but, Swann out RASHID in.

Ok, bring on the abuse fellow England fans, i can take it. :eek:

The gas might be on to something about Rashid. However this track after doing a little on day 1 has turned into a subcontinentesque slog pitch. I do not think it was a fair indicator of what Swann can do this series (although he did not help his cause with the full tosses) Anyhow, glad I missed the days play, well done to Oz but we will draw this one tomorrow.

Can't drop our best bowler in Test matches over the winter.

Onions is the bowler in form, he should be playing. I don't see us doing two spinners at Lord's...

England got a rough one, but a few could have been given first innings - eg Pietersen early on.

I'd say a few English bowlers should be sacked. Panesar's done. He's not learning about variation etc. keep Swann because he's as good a bowler and better normally but can bat and field a lot better. Broad's average is laughable. I don't know why England persevere with him. He can bat, which is nice, but England need penetrative bowlers and he only gets bits and pieces. 1 or 2 wickets here and there. He doesn't get the ball to move one iota.

Just my opinion.

Australia looking very strong. 4 hundreds. Weather or not, there's no doubt who's deserving to win this test and which team has dominated. Now Aussies will hope the weather is fine and they can make early in-roads. Could be a really exciting day of cricket with England trying for the draw and Aussies pushing for a win.

I'd definitely say we should consider Sidebottom and Onions in for Panesar and Broad.

Users who are viewing this thread