1st Test: England v Australia

Ponting is a bad captain. I can understand bowling Hauritz late, but why North? I know some local knowledge that Hilfy actually goes through his overs pretty quick, he should have bowled.

Can't believe it. England deserved to lose, let's face it. Totally and utterly outplayed. I don't blame them for what they did. Made for an exciting game.

Ponting is a bad captain. I can understand bowling Hauritz late, but why North? I know some local knowledge that Hilfy actually goes through his overs pretty quick, he should have bowled.

He wanted to stick with spinners, this we can understand. But why on earth North ?? why not Clarke or Katich. Ponting abviously forgot Syndney test. Now Thompson has got another clue to bash Ponting's captaincy

If anyone other than Ricky Ponting was captain, I would be embarrassed at what happened today. I seriously thought our physio was a woman what with the moobies. This feels like a win but it isn't which is annoying. Like Old Trafford 2005 for Australia, this could simply prove to be a false dawn when Australia thump us at Lords.

Unless, of course, Jimmy opens.

Oh yeah, and how many times did Ricky Ponting spit into his hands today? No wonder Jimmy kept his gloves on when shaking hands.

Well done England.
Proves once again how much Aus miss Lee, McGrath and Warne. Failing to take 8 wickets on the final day is un-Australian regardless of how good the pitch is.

England

:eek:

How in the flip did you draw this.

Btw, you guys are cheats

Ponting angered by England tactics | Cricket News | The Ashes - England v Australia 2009 | Cricinfo.com

I'm all for Ponting looking like a fool, but had Australia done this when you guys were pressing for victory, well......

Anyways well batted Collingwood by the sounds of it.

The umpires have the power to tell them to go. They are in charge on the field. Time-wasting happens, we had it when we played the WI and were pressing for wins out there.

Yes its nice to be on the other side of this scenario. Fidel Edwards was driving me nuts that entire series.

Sureshot you are forgetting one thing, we are English therefore we don't complain, stiff upper lip and all that.

Didn't complain when Sammy claimed that dropped catch either. Well, I am now so that discounts...what I just said.

Unbelievable escape. Haha takes a lot of guts and i think this should be the final nail to Collingwood's critic's coffin. I don't think anyone can truly doubt his position. But by saying that England can't gloss over the cracks. They need changes: drop a spinner and Broad. Maybe even try to get an extra batsman. And bring in Harmison/Sidebottom and Onions. But then again i still think we'll win the Ashes.

Stuart Clark should get in. Btw ........ Watson was inclued in this tour ?? When he will play ?? Johnson was really poor, no concistency, nothing.

If you were such an 'Aussie' fan you'd know that Watson was injured. And Johnson had an off game. He can't always dominate like in South Africa.

Johnson has hit a bad patch. He's done enough in the past to continue into the next test. But i'd say he shouldn't be guaranteed a spot in the 3rd test especially with Clark and Lee being available. How long will Watson be out for? I don't think any article specified the timeline.

Sorry Hauritz. Your a decent bowler. Let the English propaganda get to my head

The last pair was there for 39 mins,that has definately frustrated Aus,Aus looked certain to win the 1st test,but its good to see the lower order giving a tought fight to the Aus,as a cricket lover lets hope we get to see close and tough cricket in rest of the series...

Users who are viewing this thread