1st Test: England v Australia

I respect the Ashes and find it very entertaining, but it is ████ compared to India V Pakistan.

And it's just downright hilarious that people think the Ashes is even on par with the World Cup.

Maybe in England and Australia. Sorry to crash your party but the world doesn't revolve around England or Australia.

The history is there on the table for all to see. Nothing is bigger than England against Australia. Let's face it, Pakistan is just a part of India that was given away.

I respect the Ashes and find it very entertaining, but it is ████ compared to India V Pakistan.

And it's just downright hilarious that people think the Ashes is even on par with the World Cup.
That sums it up perfectly tbh, ask an Aussie/Englishman whether they would take the ashes or the world cup and it would be ashes every time. Ask a Pakistani/Indian world cup or a series against their rivals and it would be the world cup every time.

It is. Easily more important than the 50 over World Cup. If I had the choice of winning every World Cup since 1975 but none of the Ashes, or every Ashes series and none of the World Cups, easy choice. Ashes > all.

Check the replies section of this thread and see how many non-English/Aussie members have posted bearing in mind the first match finished today. Try telling me it's not that significant when you keep posting in the thread.

Who cares about India Pak anyways besides Indians and Pakistanis? Who cares about the Ashes? the whole cricketing world, ie all you Indians and Pakistanis discussing it in this thread.

EDIT: Will beat me to it!

Check the replies section of this thread and see how many non-English/Aussie members have posted bearing in mind the first match finished today. Try telling me it's not that significant when you keep posting in the thread.

Who said it's not significant?

I'd be lying if I said the Ashes isn't awesome.

Who cares about India Pak anyways besides Indians and Pakistanis? Who cares about the Ashes? the whole cricketing world, ie all you Indians and Pakistanis discussing it in this thread.

EDIT: Will beat me to it!

Not true.

I care about cricket. Period. I'm not following the Ashes because of the mystique or importance of it. I'm following it because it's a cricket series.

Just like I'm following SL vs Pak.

Just like I'm following Bangladesh vs WI.

I agree it was a very cheap tactic. It was not necessary. At least it will spice things up for Lords

Users who are viewing this thread